• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The OFFICIAL Royal Wedding thread"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Well, that was probably the best wedding I've ever seen or been to. I'm not even a big royal fan, only William and Harry generate any interest in me as they seem relatively down to earth nice fun lads.

Highlights:

Pippa Middleton in that dress

Kate's erect nipples in the breeze.

TPT's dodgy nose job.

Becks trying to be posh with a tramp stamp on the back of his neck.

James Middleton's speech. Very well delivered.

Kate and Pippa nearly tripping over their dresses as they were on the verge of being too long.

The cartwheeling abbey official after the guests had left.*

The horse throwing it's rider and nearly causing chaos as William and Kate left the abbey back to Buckingham Palace.

The balcony scene with Kate saying "oh wow" as she saw all the people waiting outside, and her reaction to the crowd cheering after each kiss.

William squashed into the Aston Martin as they drove back to Clarence House for some 'down time'.

The sea king rescue helicopter doing the very low fly over.

The policeman entertaining the crowd outside Clarence House with his norman widsom trip and play up to the crowd.*

Philip Schofield admitting he and Julie Etchingham hadn't had chance to leave their seats even for a loo break in over 5 hours, and the tortured look on Julie's face as he said it.

Mark Austin almost panicking as he was caught in the crowd surge towards the palace gates, then getting toggled, and Julie taking the piss out of him.

The boring BBC commentary. Great for funerals, not so much for weddings.
    ITV not having a single ad break throughout the whole live broadcast.
    ITV HD trouncing BBC HD in the picture quality.

Overall great to see the Brits putting on a show to entertain the world, and great to see the younger royals enjoying themselves and being so relaxed on what must have been a very stressful day.

I wonder what the odds are that Harry kicked Pippa's back door in last night.

* Hope these two didn't get into trouble. They showed a human side that complimented the vibe of the day.
    Last edited by PAH; 30 April 2011, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    When's the show?

Apparently Harry has it organised for Saturday morning during the 6am 'survivors breakfast' he's sorted out for those allergic to sleep:

Royal Wedding Survivors Breakfast

That's if the wedding gets that far. Apparently MI5 have a contingency in place in case Kate decides to do a runner at the altar:

Operation Pumpkin

My ladbrokes trip the other day may have been worth it after all.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Just been browsing their site, ******* hilarious. Check this goon out:

You just don't know where to start with that, I wonder if he understands irony?

I reckon we should just lock MAC and EDL up in a big dark room and let them argue their differences. I think they'd quite quickly get confused as to who was who.
    That would be interesting - Anjum Choudhary and his merry band of 30 or so loonies against the alleged hundreds of EDL hooligans. When's the show?

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    They've been 'spooked'?
    Just been browsing their site, ******* hilarious. Check this goon out:

You just don't know where to start with that, I wonder if he understands irony?

I reckon we should just lock MAC and EDL up in a big dark room and let them argue their differences. I think they'd quite quickly get confused as to who was who.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    They've been 'spooked'?
    I was thinking they might be trying not to blow themselves up this time.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Ehh, that just says one thing to me.
    They've been 'spooked'?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Muslims against Crusades are saying they are not having the protest now and muslims should not go to the area.

Ehh, that just says one thing to me.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I may have to change allegiance to the other thread. After watching the ITV documentary on how Kate Met William last night it appears she stalked him.

1. She proclaimed it was kismet when William played polo at her high school and appeared in the school magazine on a page opposite her playing hockey. She also had a poster of him on her wall at the time, confirmed by her room mate but later denied by Kate (she said it was the Levi guy).

2. She went on the same charity expedition to Africa, several weeks after William did (which made the news so she knew all about it), possibly so they'd have something to talk about when they did eventually meet.

3. She went to St Andrews, on the same course (Art History), and stayed in the same halls of residence in the first year. This made it inevitable that William would notice her and be obliged to at least talk about the course they shared while they were in the same communal breakfast room in the hall.

May all be one hell of a coincidence.

I wonder what the odds are of the wedding being cancelled if all this is new to William and the royals. May have a trip down to ladbrokes.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Da orks be a bit fik like
    Jus cos youz has fancy bitz an stuf on yer poncy armor and sum shiney rokz, youz the wuns whut talks to dey'r rokz. Now datz stoopid, all knowz rokz cant talk!

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Poncy gits. Get yerself some greenskins an do the job properly!
    Da orks be a bit fik like

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Happy for them & the extra Bank Holiday: but I do not need / want to hear / see / buy any thing to do with it,

I plan on spending the day killing imperial guards by the dozen with my new Eldar Pathfinders, which is as intresting to everyone else as I find the royal wedding
    Poncy gits. Get yerself some greenskins an do the job properly!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I can't believe I'm doing this, but on Friday I'm off to a parallel Royal Wedding breakfast in my village, togged up in smart attire.

Good excuse for a themed party I thought.

Can't be arsed with tails, but my morning suit might get an airing.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    In my daydreams, I am going to steal one of those little "in emergency break glass" hammers and run riot in the TV shop.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The Connery works better than than the Moore but if you are willing to get elecution lessons to pull chicks in the fatest country in the world when you don't live there then you must be an ugly git.

Yes, ugly enough.

You're right though, there are enough fatties in England so no desire to go to the USA for more of the same. In my home town many of the fittest birds seem to be from eastern Europe, particularly Poland. Don't know if they're the cream of the crop or if it's worth going over for a recce sometime.

Besides, the way this thread has gone proves that WWII is still very much still in people's minds. Maybe the Polish lasses will welcome me with open arms seeing as my grandad helped beat the jerries.

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    A royal enthusiast has begun camping out in front of Westminster Abbey for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

John Loughrey, 56, began his week-long vigil on Monday night, saying he planned to stay in his position to ensure a prime spot for the event.

The man from south-west London, said: "I have always been loyal to the Royal Family."

He was dressed in a Kate and William T-shirt stating "Diana Would Be Proud".

The former assistant chef, from Wandsworth, a self-confessed "super fan" of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, wore images of Kate and William tied round his waist and a Union flag hat.

Source
    Guess we won't be hearing much from SAS then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X