• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Football Racism - Yids"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Forgive me for being slow, but why would someone from Yorkshire have such a hatred for Spurs fans? Even allowing the fact SY01 is one?
    Meh.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by manclarky View Post
    The mighty Blackburn Rovers (my team) won the Premiership (equates to "some success") yet we're universally loved....!!

Aren't we?
    Not in Bolton!

Leave a comment:

• manclarky
    replied
    Nah. Everyone hates the teams who've had some success
    The mighty Blackburn Rovers (my team) won the Premiership (equates to "some success") yet we're universally loved....!!

Aren't we?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp View Post
    I thought everyone hated Sp*rs fans. Even Sp*rs fans themselves.
    Nah. Everyone hates the teams who've had some success eg Man U, Chelsea. People just feel contempt (or pity) for Spurs, surely? Unless you're a Gooner, obviously

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Forgive me for being slow, but why would someone from Yorkshire have such a hatred for Spurs fans? Even allowing the fact SY01 is one?
    I thought everyone hated Sp*rs fans. Even Sp*rs fans themselves.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Just because I now live in God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire doesn't mean I was born there!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    When I call a Sp*rs scum "yids" its meant with all the offence possible )

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    When I call a Sp*rs scum "yids" its meant with all the offence possible )

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    David Baddiel's behind it. He objects to Spurs fans calling themselves the Yids, because it means opposing fans call them Yids as well.

They'll have to call themselves something else. Like Hebrews or Canaanites or something.

Leave a comment:

• dspsyssts
    replied
    The Y Word

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Dear numbnuts,

Thanks for your post. I believe the P word is papa alpha kilo india. Yid is an accepted term for a Tottenham fan. In the 80s the Jewish contingent were upset at being called Yids so all of the supporters decided to adopt the name in a show of solidarity. I am proud to be a yid.
    I assumed it was Frank Lampard saying it for some reason, sure this was football related to the particular player question - maybe not - maybe more generic given the lack of pakistani players in the prem...

Back in the day we used to sing, in the old Lever End at Bolton..

"Hark now hear, the Lever End sing
    The Pilot was my Mate
    He was the Man
    Who flew the plane
    in Nineteen Fifty-Eight..."

Directed at the Munich Disaster, we had lots of them. Feel quite ashamed to be honest, but it's hard to feel the connection between the joke and the actual tragedy after some time. For example, Jack the Ripper is like a joke figure nowadays, he slit up a few worthless whores, but have a google for Mary Jane Kelly and see the Victorian crime scene pics and it seems less of a joke and more of a 'Jesus Christ....'

I'm building bridges tonight, obviously cos my rep is suffering, so I'm offering a cuddle party at my place later on, I won't be in, but my good friend Tom 'Stanley Slasher' Damage will be in to receive any cuddles due to me.

I thank you.

Yes I've had a drink or two, infraction-tastic!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yid is a well known term for Spurs fans.

I have an indian-born mate who calls herself a Yid. She wasn't happy that her cricket team also got their arses kicked in the IPL.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    What's all that about? Heard a bit of it in the car on the way home, think it was Ashley Cole saying that fans used to chant about the N word, I assume he meant N*gg*r, cos he is black - and then Frank Lampard came on (I think it was him) and said fans used to chant the P word. WTF is that? 'Poor'? 'Pillock'? 'Piss'? - Cos he's a piss-poor pillock? What was the P word?

The Y word is of course Yids. Summert about Spurts fans getting upset.
    Dear numbnuts,

Thanks for your post. I believe the P word is papa alpha kilo india. Yid is an accepted term for a Tottenham fan. In the 80s the Jewish contingent were upset at being called Yids so all of the supporters decided to adopt the name in a show of solidarity. I am proud to be a yid.

Any further questions please post back here soon.

All the best

Suityou01 & Co

Leave a comment:

• stek
    started a topic Football Racism - Yids

Football Racism - Yids

What's all that about? Heard a bit of it in the car on the way home, think it was Ashley Cole saying that fans used to chant about the N word, I assume he meant N*gg*r, cos he is black - and then Frank Lampard came on (I think it was him) and said fans used to chant the P word. WTF is that? 'Poor'? 'Pillock'? 'Piss'? - Cos he's a piss-poor pillock? What was the P word?

The Y word is of course Yids. Summert about Spurts fans getting upset.

Working...
X