• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New form of cold calling!!!"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by configman View Post
    If they are calling on behalf of a UK company they are covered by the same rules and the UK company has to make sure they are followed.
    Yeah, like they give a tulip!

Those TPS rules have about as much bite as a rabid tortoise.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've had one or two or those left on my answer phone in the past. That's progress for you, one machine talking to another.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    New form of cold calling!!!
    Crikey MF, I just thought, steady on - With titles like that you'll have Suity in a panic, thinking there's a new mutation of bird flu on the way!

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    TPS only covers the UK AFAIK. A lot of these are set up in India to get around that.
    If they are calling on behalf of a UK company they are covered by the same rules and the UK company has to make sure they are followed.

Leave a comment:

• oversteer
    replied
    Try being in an office with 200 DDI numbers all on one ring group ..

then these clowns start autodialling them sequentially ..

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ever had one? We get things about debt about three times a day. "This is a free message etc" Beats me why they aren't done considering we ar in TPS.
    TPS only covers the UK AFAIK. A lot of these are set up in India to get around that.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ever had one? We get things about debt about three times a day. "This is a free message etc" Beats me why they aren't done considering we ar in TPS.

Leave a comment:

• configman
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Maybe the builder tipped them off so to speak.

Think of them like an agent

Caller: Good Morning, Have you or someone you know had an accident recently?
    Builder: Not me personally but I do know someone who might have one soon. Is there a referral bonus?
    Caller: Why of course. Now, about this fella configman?
    I'm waiting for him to make that mistake

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by configman View Post
    No but I'm getting lots of texts "Sorry to hear about your recent accident but you may be entitled to compensation please call ##########" I've not had an accident but am in dispute with a builder claiming money for work he hasn't done.
    Maybe the builder tipped them off so to speak.

Think of them like an agent

Caller: Good Morning, Have you or someone you know had an accident recently?
    Builder: Not me personally but I do know someone who might have one soon. Is there a referral bonus?
    Caller: Why of course. Now, about this fella configman?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Your link ain't working.
    This one should!

http://www.wibble.co.uk/media/bt.wav

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This cannot be beaten for cold calling....

http://members.tripod.com/~NOGGIN1/Bt.wav
    Your link ain't working.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    This cannot be beaten for cold calling....

http://members.tripod.com/~NOGGIN1/Bt.wav

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Anyone else had one of these?
    Me also.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Anyone else had one of these?
    Yeah, I get loads of these.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They only target those at the bottom of the social ladder.
    Ooops

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Got the same call today on my mobile. I just leave the call open until the automated system gives up to ensure that they waste as much money as possible on the call.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X