• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Really weird films

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Really weird films"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Previously posted in Monday Links Vol. XV, but another link to a thing of beauty & joy forever can't do any harm: Charlie the Unicorn

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Ok...let's start with this. Seriously weird....

And then some of this...

I was going to mention Eraserhead, but since that's been done, how about some of this ?

And finally, something to lighten the mood....

Welcome to my life...

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Why do they keep making this sh*t. Who the heck goes to see this?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    One word - Eraserhead.
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Another Lynch contender is Blue Velvet.

Does anyone remember a movie where all the protagonists were in a restaurant and all the food was brought to them to their tables on large scale model trains? LGB probably...

Been driving me mad trying to remember....
    Don't remember the food being served on trains but, otherwise, reminds me of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover.

Peter Greenaway is another weirdo director.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Watched some of Oldboy at the weekend but my head was not in the right place for it, very weird.

Oldboy (2003) - IMDb

Might try to download it.
    that's not that weird a film actually, its not straight hollywood but nowhere near as weird as the other films mentioned as it does make sense by the end whereas Eraserhead?! god I hated that film!

not a weird film but a complex one is 'Primer', anyone interested in watching it don't go and read the reviews as it will give away the plot just go download it - its not a horror, or weird or dark or scary, its proper Science Fiction (not sci-fi). I'm not sure any other film has had me scratching my head for so long, after a couple of watches I still haven't quite got it - loved it though.

Donnie Darko is one that I thought was better before I understood it. When I saw it I worked out what I think was happening, then I read a plot summary online which was far more complex than what I think happened and I prefer my simpler version of events - awesome film though!

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Mamma Mia! on ITV1 at the moment.

Star studded cast - Meryl Streep, Pierce Bosnan, Julie Walters, Colin Firth.

Thus far, middle aged wimmin dancing to Abba hits.

Oh, this is soooo wrong.
    absolute horrible dreck, my family put it on one xmas and after 10 minutes I had to leave has to be one of the worst acted, scripted and performed films I ever had the misfortune to see (ten minutes of)

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Watched some of Oldboy at the weekend but my head was not in the right place for it, very weird.

Oldboy (2003) - IMDb
    I liked it.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Bartleby is another odd movie but utterly capitvating...

Bartleby (1972) - IMDb

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied

Oldboy (2003) - IMDb

Might try to download it.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    La Cabina:

La.Cabina.(1972).FS.TVRip.DivX5.avi

I thought it translated as "the coffin", but I don't know any Spanish.
    It would translate as box or booth. As in telephone box...

I remember seeing it years ago. Still spooks me now thinking about it.
    Last edited by Toastiness; 11 April 2011, 09:14.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Morvern Callar - not least for the soundtrack. I can never decide if Aphex twin are for real or just taking the piss.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Another David Lynch effort...

Mulholland Drive

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    That's the one.
    Cheers! Not sure I could actually watch it now though!

Does anyone remember a movie where all the protagonists were in a restaurant and all the food was brought to them to their tables on large scale model trains? LGB probably...

Been driving me mad trying to remember....

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Sounds like it - this was the Swedish version I must have seen from 1976 which sounds about right;

Förvandlingen (1976) - IMDb

Blank on torrents so far....
    That's the one.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Metamorphosis comes to mind, can't be arsed looking it up.
    Sounds like it - this was the Swedish version I must have seen from 1976 which sounds about right;

Förvandlingen (1976) - IMDb

Blank on torrents so far....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X