• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mid-life crisis : What comes first?"

Collapse

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Try sitting in the backseat, instructor plus PIC with no instrument rating and his outside view of the world blanked.

'what attitude is the aircraft in?'

Straight and level flight'

Actually we're dropping out the sky at a rate of knots with a 50 degree bank angle. Then there's autorotation trials when the drive to the rotors is disengaged.

The pooch knows about this stuff.

I was happiest sitting in the backseat of a Buccanneer doing the Great Glen run low enough over Loch Ness to leave a wake induced by the pressure wave.
    Happy landings!

Keep us informed on the conversion training. Btw, what're you going for?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Is it not the case that there are old pilots & there are bold pilots?
    And balding mid-life crisis pilots.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Surely the younger lady bit on the side, while wanting to be first, would only be attracted by the porshe and lure of the sugar daddy high life?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Oooh. The Gazelle was the first rotary I ever set foot inside. Army Air-Corps friend of the family. I was a wide-eyed 14yr old utterly fascinated by helicopters. Beautiful bit of kit. I've seen one being swung gracefully round a hangar at almost 60deg at Catterick, no more than 30' up. Nutters.
    Try sitting in the backseat, instructor plus PIC with no instrument rating and his outside view of the world blanked.

'what attitude is the aircraft in?'

Straight and level flight'

Actually we're dropping out the sky at a rate of knots with a 50 degree bank angle. Then there's autorotation trials when the drive to the rotors is disengaged.

The pooch knows about this stuff.

I was happiest sitting in the backseat of a Buccanneer doing the Great Glen run low enough over Loch Ness to leave a wake induced by the pressure wave.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Also, I was walked through the controls and procedure in an AH.7:

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Oooh. The Gazelle was the first rotary I ever set foot inside. Army Air-Corps friend of the family. I was a wide-eyed 14yr old utterly fascinated by helicopters. Beautiful bit of kit. I've seen one being swung gracefully round a hangar at almost 60deg at Catterick, no more than 30' up. Nutters.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    I have a funny feeling you're being serious! I'm a great fan of flight - always loved aircraft and it's an ambition to take the controls one day. Going on a half-hour tour over the capital in this baby in May and really looking forward to it (image load failure, see blue EC120 in the main header here: http://www.cabairhelicopters.com/index.htm)

I hope they'll let you have some stick time on that baby. Never got into rotary much although got some time logged. I won't mention (again), the time I wrote off a Gazelle...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Hmmm, something more challenging perhaps...
    I have a funny feeling you're being serious! I'm a great fan of flight - always loved aircraft and it's an ambition to take the controls one day. Going on a half-hour tour over the capital in this baby in May and really looking forward to it (image load failure, see blue EC120 in the main header here: http://www.cabairhelicopters.com/index.htm)

Last edited by realityhack; 9 April 2011, 22:23. Reason: Found it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Let's see if you can barrel roll and fly through upside-down.
    Hmmm, something more challenging perhaps...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Come fly with me...

Once I'm done training, ever flown under power lines?
    Aye why not... Let's see if you can barrel roll and fly through upside-down.

if you're going to go anyway, it may as well be in a spectacular fireball.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Come fly with me...

Once I'm done training, ever flown under power lines?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Is it that followed by the Ferrari, the 18 year old nymphet, the motorbike, the yacht, the island in the Caribbean?
    I'm still working on that phase

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    No regrets

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Yep, I did hear you say that... you're full of surprises. That's a tad more impressive than a Porsche!
    Anything is more impressive than a souped up beetle

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Yep, I did hear you say that... you're full of surprises. That's a tad more impressive than a Porsche!
    A misspent youth. Dosh that could have gone on booze, drugs, cars, babes went to aviation instead. No regrets, still get the babes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X