• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Guitars...

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Guitars..."

Collapse

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

The best one we knocked out was High and Dry (Radiohead) which sounded great as it was the only one we had percussion and bass backing on a Boss 303 machine.
    heh heh, I had a Roland MC-505 (well before I got my MPC) - wrote some cool little tunes, think my mum has a Boss 303 (she prob has more gear than me!)

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Effects! Pah!!

classic!!! the edge is sooooo overrated!!

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Show off

I thought I was rich having three bass drum pedals.
    but you can only have two feet so what do you hit the third one with??

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    2 x Les Paul Custom Alpine White
    DBZ Bolero electric
    LTD electric
    Simon & Patrick acoustic
    Gibson Kalamzoo acoustic 1935
    Admira Artista classical
    2 x midi guitar controllers
    Dean acoustic bass
    Washburn tenor banjo
    Moon mandolin
    Bouzuki
    Show off

I thought I was rich having three bass drum pedals.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Effects! Pah!!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
    ah Jeremy was actually hard to make sound good as its quite a 'produced' track, alive was a bit more raw so easier to recreate, yeah I remember doing a counting crows song (not sure why - never liked em) - they don't make bands like they used to!!
    You're right, Jeremy doesn't sound that good, but Alive sounded great, with my Strat doing the rhythm and the Les Paul lead bits.

The best one we knocked out was High and Dry (Radiohead) which sounded great as it was the only one we had percussion and bass backing on a Boss 303 machine.

they don't make bands like they used to!!
    I'll second that !!

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Yeah, we cracked out Pearl Jam's Alive and Jeremy, with the first one sounding half decent. I even did a Levellers track (that the other 2 didn't know) and some other odd ball stuff.

Good times
    ah Jeremy was actually hard to make sound good as its quite a 'produced' track, alive was a bit more raw so easier to recreate, yeah I remember doing a counting crows song (not sure why - never liked em) - they don't make bands like they used to!!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I have a Mexican strat circa about 2003, want a Les Paul as well, also got an Epiphone semi and some cheap old bass I bought from cash converters.

Recently purchased guitar rig4 (plug the guitar in through an M-Audio USD interface) which is quite possible one of the best things I have ever bought

Going through a bit of an Aerosmith phase at the moment, learning a few classics and want to have a go on some Joe Perry slide a la 'Draw the Line'

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by 2BIT View Post

yeah that's my era - used to do Radiohead, blur, chilis, pumpkins, RATM, oasis, supergrass, nirvana, pearl jam - early nineties was great for music both in the US and UK - used to loads of 60's stuff too like hendrix and zepellin - ah those were the days!
    Yeah, we cracked out Pearl Jam's Alive and Jeremy, with the first one sounding half decent. I even did a Levellers track (that the other 2 didn't know) and some other odd ball stuff.

Good times

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    2 x Les Paul Custom Alpine White
    DBZ Bolero electric
    LTD electric
    Simon & Patrick acoustic
    Gibson Kalamzoo acoustic 1935
    Admira Artista classical
    2 x midi guitar controllers
    Dean acoustic bass
    Washburn tenor banjo
    Moon mandolin
    Bouzuki
    Last edited by Cliphead; 4 April 2011, 15:23.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Seeing that you don't play it, you can sell it to me then as I've always fancied a Rickenbacker !! Which model - sure you can do me a good deal against my US Strat ??
    I use it as a practice guitar I just don't take it to the gigs.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Son now has my Fender knockoff and I've got my old bowl back Mandolin still kicking around but not played either in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    I turned up with a late 90's USA Strat (with FAT 50's if that means anything to anyone!) and the other chap had a nice Gibson Les Paul - We did some Radiohead, Kings of Leon, early Blur...

yeah that's my era - used to do Radiohead, blur, chilis, pumpkins, RATM, oasis, supergrass, nirvana, pearl jam - early nineties was great for music both in the US and UK - used to loads of 60's stuff too like hendrix and zepellin - ah those were the days!

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    My other guitar is a Rickenbacker, and since I got the Gretsch I don't even bring the Rickenbacker as a spare guitar.
    Seeing that you don't play it, you can sell it to me then as I've always fancied a Rickenbacker !! Which model - sure you can do me a good deal against my US Strat ??

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I have

1. Ricky 330, black.

2. Epiphone Dot (ES-335 copy)

I have had;

1. Fender Squier - ok...

2. Ricky 360-12, 1973 in Burgundy with Rick-O-Sound - stolen - bastards.

3. Roland GR-707 and GR-303 guitar synths with Strat guitar with rs-232 interface lead - honest. Sold to one Paul weller c 1982 who's never played it AFAIK...

4. Kay Les Paul copy - scraping the barrel now..

5. Eko acoustic 12 string with a 4" action on the seventh fret.

My Son bought a Les Paul copy from a chinese copy called Tradetang, I feared the worst since I was paying - but it's fantastic! Best I played and my bro (who is in a band) has 'real' Gibson's galore, I've played his tulipty Explorer and SG from 1983...

have a google - they do Gretsch's too - and 12 string Ricky's - all badged up and play better than any originals I've played, well, older originals, like 70/80's - admittedly not the best decades for US guitars...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X