• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where were you 20 years ago?"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Lindsay Parker's bedroom whilst her parents were out after school.
    Daddy, where have you been

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Working for a bank.

21 years ago I had just spent the day throwing stones at the police.

I'm not sure of the exact point at which I started selling out.
    Probably when you realised that there wasn't much money to be made throwing stones at the police.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Where were you 20 years ago?

Emma's bedroom finding inventive uses for a flute. Also: properly walloping Art and Design GCSEs, and neglecting Spanish & History.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Steam tables LOL....the good old days.

When were you there and which building/section ?

I was there '79 (**** me, that was a while ago) until '94, split between Engines Sect and bloody Flow Measurement.
    Never manged to get in the place, always had a copy of the steam tables doing my degree in Mech Eng, as they costed 10 quid they were all photo copied and ended up with a copy featuring a drawing of a fat naked traffic warden with a hairy...

Worked up the hill in a place that advertises on the TV all the time, think of trains and sheep.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The NEL, steam tables doing my degree and a 6 month gig in the building next door where we decamped to the crooked lum each lunch time for 3 pints.

Steam tables LOL....the good old days.

When were you there and which building/section ?

I was there '79 (**** me, that was a while ago) until '94, split between Engines Sect and bloody Flow Measurement.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Making Puma tail rotor spars on my Beaver.
    Last edited by gingerjedi; 4 April 2011, 21:34.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Working in the National Engineering Laboratory and hating everything and everyone. Permenant job and permenantly skint.....

Little did I know that redundancy was on the way (YAY !) to change my life completely. Contracting, importing, the lottery, STD's were all on there way
    The NEL, steam tables doing my degree and a 6 month gig in the building next door where we decamped to the crooked lum each lunch time for 3 pints.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Working in the National Engineering Laboratory and hating everything and everyone. Permenant job and permenantly skint.....

Little did I know that redundancy was on the way (YAY !) to change my life completely. Contracting, importing, the lottery, STD's were all on there way

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Primary School..........
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    18 and full of stupidity

I'm now 38 and full of stupidity.
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Year before my leaving certificate............
    Now I'm feeling old

Cue MF...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Year before my leaving certificate............

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    18 and full of stupidity

I'm now 38 and full of stupidity.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Doing pretty much the same as I'm doing now but for a better daily rate.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Primary School..........

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Living in Reading, wondering if I'd ever get a whole nights sleep again, after the birth of my daughter two weeks earlier.
    Similar, but Halifax, son and 2.5 months earlier.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Living in Reading, wondering if I'd ever get a whole nights sleep again, after the birth of my daughter two weeks earlier.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X