• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Areas of low racial diversity have much higher serious crime"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I noticed this phenomenon about 25-30 years ago, when a detective called Columbo investigated 100,s of cases, each one involving rich and powerful white guys. It was never no black ho that had a cap popped in her ass, yo mofo.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Doesn't the filming location fall within the path of the new Birmingham to London high speed rail link?

If so, look forward to the episodes where the rail workers are being picked off by some hippie save the planet type or farmer whose land has been compulsorily purchased.
    Where is it filmed?

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    If anything it should be the Eastenders producers getting the criticism, there are far too many white people in that show.

Yet they pick on a show which has a fairly true reflection of the setting.
    Doesn't the filming location fall within the path of the new Birmingham to London high speed rail link?

If so, look forward to the episodes where the rail workers are being picked off by some hippie save the planet type or farmer whose land has been compulsorily purchased.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Actually they do have a black character in Midsomer Murders.

Only you never see him, because he's always been rounded up and put in the cells before the programme starts.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If anything it should be the Eastenders producers getting the criticism, there are far too many white people in that show.
    Eastenders and Corrie have been slammed before due to their lack of racial diversity.

Though since they are both set around pubs where more middle age and old folk go, I can see why the casts are what they are.

It's because the idiot producer didn't keep his mouth shut.

BTW lots of random places have an Indian or Chinese Takeaway. All he needed to have done was put one in then kill the characters off. Realistic racial diversity for the next 15 years.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Originally posted by granuiad

"If it's incest, blackmail, lesbianism, homosexuality ... terrific, put it in,
    Sounds about right.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    According to the Guardian, he's been suspended:

Link

Personally, I love the Murders, not that I'd admit it in fornt of the "in crowd". It's my guilty pleasure.

Now I guess he'll be off to diversity gulag & they'll hire an ex-producer of Eastenders to take his place.
    Just like they did on The Archers & people will be switching off in there droves.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Nearest I have ever got to watching it is when it's on the screens at the gym. Given the choice I prefer the machine in front of a screen with Cbeebies.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    According to the Guardian, he's been suspended:

Link

Personally, I love the Murders, not that I'd admit it in fornt of the "in crowd". It's my guilty pleasure.

Now I guess he'll be off to diversity gulag & they'll hire an ex-producer of Eastenders to take his place.
    Just like they did on The Archers & people will be switching off in their droves.
    Last edited by wurzel; 15 March 2011, 09:38.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Ethnic diversity in the UK stops at the city limits. Even in northern urban areas like Rochdale, Oldham, Bolton which are close to the country side, you can see the difference as soon as you leave the urban area.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Plenty of crime in Tottenham. So I think your case is a fail.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 15 March 2011, 08:32.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    There was never any crime on the Cosby Show.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I thought they would have had their generic Asian of Indian origin shopkeeper who they would have killed off due to changing village life with longer store opening hours.

And the gardener would have been Irish or Polish - would get accused of being a criminal and been killed off.

Plus they would have had their Traveller thieves/burglars who again someone could have killed.

Then there are your Eastern European i.e. Bulgarian, Lithuanian farm workers who are seasonal - a few of them could of been killed off in an farm accident.

See lots of ethnic minorities could fit in perfectly in the village - the only problem they would all end up dead.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I can see this being 'Tuesday's thread' already.

Leave a comment:

• Areas of low racial diversity have much higher serious crime

BBC News - All-white Midsomer Murders defended by creator True-May

Proof if needed.

Working...
X