• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where can I buy Rohypnol?"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    I've done online dating, as a bloke. I met my fair share of emotionally unstable loons, serial cheats, compulsive liars, golddiggers and other undesirables as well as girls looking for "the one" and taking it all far to seriously, girls who are just in it to have a bit of fun and so on. It's basically the same as real life but with much higher throughput so can compress a lifetimes worth of disappointment into a year or two and become cynical and jaded well before you hit middle age. This is to be recommended as it will allow you to have your mid-life crisis while you are young enough to enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
    I've also done online dating. Met some total weirdoes and a few okay people. But also met one guy who was nice and went out with him for 6 mths. One website did this whole lengthy test on me and that was the worst, the people I met were verging on the psychopathic, which was not re-assuring as they were meant to be a close fit for me (one guy tried to force me back to his flat by pushing me.. urgh).

I'd do online dating again but only if you can treat it as a laugh (initially at least), and don't have issues of your own (need to be okay at handling rejection, which I wasn't keen on). Also,don't spend ages talking to them, just meet quickly. Best sites for up north probably match.com, you'll get the most people.
    Blimey, see, that's what puts me off.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by northernrampage View Post
    WHS.

I'm always doing evening classes as I get bored/stops me drinking too much red wine/like to study.

They are full of women (I am a woman btw). I also do it as a way to meet different people as I've been away from London for years and back here working again, wanted to broaden my social circle (this has variable results, but at least I'm getting fit again doing martial arts... I wouldn't do martial arts btw to meet women as it's full of men in their 20s and sometimes 30s).

So salsa, pilates, other evening classes. I also used to live in Yorkshire, and used to do a fair bit of swimming and go to steam and sauna rooms. If you go regularly you can meet women (I got asked out) but at some clubs people don't talk to each other. Yorkshire is dire for meeting opposite sex (well town I was in anyway). Seems to be a choice of getting hammered in really dodgy pubs and not much else, so I spent a lot of time down the fitness club and doing MMA, but that was also full of younger blokes.

I've also done online dating. Met some total weirdoes and a few okay people. But also met one guy who was nice and went out with him for 6 mths. One website did this whole lengthy test on me and that was the worst, the people I met were verging on the psychopathic, which was not re-assuring as they were meant to be a close fit for me (one guy tried to force me back to his flat by pushing me.. urgh).

I'd do online dating again but only if you can treat it as a laugh (initially at least), and don't have issues of your own (need to be okay at handling rejection, which I wasn't keen on). Also,don't spend ages talking to them, just meet quickly. Best sites for up north probably match.com, you'll get the most people.
    Did the martial arts come in handy

Leave a comment:

• northernrampage
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I you try to hard; it wont work out. A good starter is to go for Salsa lessons, always more women than men and even if you are the world’s worst dancer they don’t mind. It gives you time to get to know them and it’s good exercise. Try any evening activity including night school, learn a language. You will find a better class of woman. The better their brains, the better they shag.

Foreign women tend to be friendlier and have less hang ups. In my neighbourhood there are a lot of Japanese and Russians and some of them have married very successfully to the locals. However, the by far the friendliest of women I have met are Norwegian.
    WHS.

I'm always doing evening classes as I get bored/stops me drinking too much red wine/like to study.

They are full of women (I am a woman btw). I also do it as a way to meet different people as I've been away from London for years and back here working again, wanted to broaden my social circle (this has variable results, but at least I'm getting fit again doing martial arts... I wouldn't do martial arts btw to meet women as it's full of men in their 20s and sometimes 30s).

So salsa, pilates, other evening classes. I also used to live in Yorkshire, and used to do a fair bit of swimming and go to steam and sauna rooms. If you go regularly you can meet women (I got asked out) but at some clubs people don't talk to each other. Yorkshire is dire for meeting opposite sex (well town I was in anyway). Seems to be a choice of getting hammered in really dodgy pubs and not much else, so I spent a lot of time down the fitness club and doing MMA, but that was also full of younger blokes.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Please accept my humble apologies
    Accepted

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Please accept my humble apologies

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Can we please clear this terminology up ?

One does NOT 'curl' off a wank. A wank is 'cracked' off.

A large flexible 'turkish delight' is 'curled' off.

Obviously, if the quoted text was meant to imply the latter was taking place, I apologise.
    That was the joke. Read back through the thread.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No wonder you're single. I bet you get cut off on phone-sex-lines too...

Babe: I'm touching my big warm breasts
    Stek: I'm curling one off thinking about them
    beep... beep... beep.
    Can we please clear this terminology up ?

One does NOT 'curl' off a wank. A wank is 'cracked' off.

A large flexible 'turkish delight' is 'curled' off.

Obviously, if the quoted text was meant to imply the latter was taking place, I apologise.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

beep... beep... beep.

Not very nice - You know it's nothing to do with that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

I was alarmed by 'curl one off', which means having a poo, where I'm from.
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I must have misused that expression, hmm, no-one ever put me right...

beep... beep... beep.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    So basically, the women on dating sites are way out of his league.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Ok, now I know I am gonna get lambasted for this but why not, does anyone have any experience of Online Dating sites they care to share?

Split up with my kids mum last year and moved back to the ancestral homeland, not realising that most of the people I was friends with have either grown up and moved on them selves, or failed to grow up at all and are complete tools and the gig I am on at the moment limits the time I have to actually go out and meet new people to get rejected!
    I you try to hard; it wont work out. A good starter is to go for Salsa lessons, always more women than men and even if you are the world’s worst dancer they don’t mind. It gives you time to get to know them and it’s good exercise. Try any evening activity including night school, learn a language. You will find a better class of woman. The better their brains, the better they shag.

Foreign women tend to be friendlier and have less hang ups. In my neighbourhood there are a lot of Japanese and Russians and some of them have married very successfully to the locals. However, the by far the friendliest of women I have met are Norwegian.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    If they're on dating sites they're likely to be bunny boilers, have unrealistic expectations, want to marry someone with a few days of meeting them, or if your very lucky they're good looking but just barking mad.

Believe me I've met them all

Still I can't talk, as I'm seeing a hormonal mad women at the moment

If your lonely thought what have you got to lose, expect perhaps your dignity and your wallet (oh and house if you're stupid enough to marry them)
    So basically, the women on dating sites are exactly like all the other women in the world.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    If they're on dating sites they're likely to be bunny boilers, have unrealistic expectations, want to marry someone with a few days of meeting them, or if your very lucky they're good looking but just barking mad.

Believe me I've met them all

Still I can't talk, as I'm seeing a hormonal mad women at the moment

If your lonely thought what have you got to lose, expect perhaps your dignity and your wallet (oh and house if you're stupid enough to marry them)

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I don't need to click on that link to know it will make me laugh.

I would love to go on a date with either of them.
    Team Building Exercise '99!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X