• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dining etiquette?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dining etiquette?"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Let me guess, droobs = droopy boobs?
    That's the spirit!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I have droobs
    Let me guess, droobs = droopy boobs?

Leave a comment:

• Sands of Time
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Personally, I would only sit "side by side" if I fancied the person - far too personal otherwise.

Oh...

She fancies me!

Bing!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Nanny, I wet the bed again.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Isn't the point of misquoting that you make it funny, and in some way related to the original, rather than just changing words?

By that token:

FTFY
    It made me larf. As did yours.

Lighten up d000hg, for goodness sake!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    FTFY
    Isn't the point of misquoting that you make it funny, and in some way related to the original, rather than just changing words?

By that token:

I smell of fart
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Restaurants are always opposite but recently we got a 4-table and sat side-by-side to make conversation easier with background noise, and were amused to find several other couples turned up and did the same. Bedwetting, that's me all over.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Restaurants are always opposite but recently we got a 4-table and sat side-by-side to make conversation easier with background noise, and were amused to find several other couples turned up and did the same. Trendsetting, that's me all over.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Do you play the guitar?
    No, what a random question!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I always find conversation flows better face to face, that and if she has a good rack I also get a good eyeful too
    Do you play the guitar?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I always find conversation flows better face to face, that and if she has a good rack I also get a good eyeful too

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Personally, I would only sit "side by side" if I fancied the person - far too personal otherwise.
    WSAS

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    The French like to do it this way also - side-by-side, sitting on the footpath drinking coffee. Always felt a bit odd to me.
    street cafe etiquette is to sit side by side to avoid one person having their back to the street, after all half the fun of having a coffee outside is people watching.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
    I always favour sitting opposite sides of the table, however, 'side by side' seems to have appeared?

Is there an etiquette for this?

Opposite seems more 'English' where as side by side seems more US somehow.

Standards slipping?

Bing!
    You mean you like to play footsie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X