• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why does tinned mango smell like farts?"

Collapse

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    How can a pear taste of jizz?
    I suspect one of MP's co-workers got to her lunch before she did...

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You put SUGAR on MELON?

Ah, that's how you spell it - thanks. Apparently the pips are the point of the pomegranate.

That fat tongued vagrant Jamie Oliver slices them down the middle and gives them a tap - hey presto you've got all the pips out to eat.

Yeah, sure Jamie.

You actually end up covered in juice and flesh, with the majority of pips remaining in the bloody fruit for you to dig out painstakingly.
    They sell little punnets of pips in Sainsburys - MUCH easier

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    How can a pear taste of jizz?
    I never thought it had much of a taste, mind you I'm usually so pissed by that point It could taste of Stilton sandwiches and I wouldn't notice

MMmm all of a sudden i have a craving for creme caramel...

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I had a pink grapefruit every day last week with my brekkie. Messy but nice.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Two grapefruit in total on two separate nights. One per night.

No, I didn't add sugar. I'm still emotionally wounded from being ridiculed for putting sugar on melons. Apparently they are 'sweet enough'.

I haven't had a pomegranate since I was a kid, apart from a faint recollection of having tried one more recently. All pips IIRC.
    You put SUGAR on MELON?

Ah, that's how you spell it - thanks. Apparently the pips are the point of the pomegranate.

That fat tongued vagrant Jamie Oliver slices them down the middle and gives them a tap - hey presto you've got all the pips out to eat.

Yeah, sure Jamie.

You actually end up covered in juice and flesh, with the majority of pips remaining in the bloody fruit for you to dig out painstakingly.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Or - two over two nights? Not one between two evenings?

Why do I care so much?

I've partaken of the odd half grapefruit in my day, and its the mess element I don't like. I don't like faffy foods actually. Did you add sugar?

I attempted a pomegranite (sp?) at my desk once. That ended messily.
    Two grapefruit in total on two separate nights. One per night.

No, I didn't add sugar. I'm still emotionally wounded from being ridiculed for putting sugar on melons. Apparently they are 'sweet enough'.

I haven't had a pomegranate since I was a kid, apart from a faint recollection of having tried one more recently. All pips IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Why do I care so much?

I've partaken of the odd half grapefruit in my day, and its the mess element I don't like. I don't like faffy foods actually. Did you add sugar?

Another messing ending for MP......

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    A whole one, on two separate evenings. Sorry about the confusion. They make a bit of a mess too I might add, even when you're trying to scrape out the last remaining bits attached to the shell. So don't eat one when sitting next to your computer or anything that will be stained by acids. Best is to prepare it first in the kitchen IMO. I cut one in half and then run a knife all around the outside of one half and use a spoon to tease out most of it. Then I slice up what I have retrieved into parts small enough not to ejaculate all over any nearby furniture when eating.

Why do I care so much?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Can you provide some clarity around that statement?
    A whole one, on two separate evenings. Sorry about the confusion. They make a bit of a mess too I might add, even when you're trying to scrape out the last remaining bits attached to the shell. So don't eat one when sitting next to your computer or anything that will be stained by acids. Best is to prepare it first in the kitchen IMO. I cut one in half and then run a knife all around the outside of one half and use a spoon to tease out most of it. Then I slice up what I have retrieved into parts small enough not to ejaculate all over any nearby furniture when eating.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    although it ended up that I ate a whole one in the evening, twice.
    Can you provide some clarity around that statement?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    You're just eating them today, or ongoing?

They're meant to be good for your metabolism. Or something.
    Full of all sorts apparently, including antioxidants. I bought two last week with the intention of having a half with breakfast, although it ended up that I ate a whole one in the evening, twice. Now I've bought two more. Exciting eh, I bet you're glad you asked. Did you hear Eric Olthwaite's got a new coal shovel? It's got a brass handle...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I've started eating grapefruits (only two so far). There is no sexual innuendo present in this post btw, so stop reading now if that's what you are here for. I've almost finished anyway. Apparently they are full of all kinds of goodies, and they get the juices flowing (see above). A bit like lemons ,only less harsh, and much bigger.
    You're just eating them today, or ongoing?

They're meant to be good for your metabolism. Or something.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That's nothing. Today I had a pear that tasted of jizz.
    I know you loved this link yesterday: Man found guilty of battery after ejaculating in co-worker's drink ? The Register

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I've started eating grapefruits (only two so far). There is no sexual innuendo present in this post btw, so stop reading now if that's what you are here for. I've almost finished anyway. Apparently they are full of all kinds of goodies, and they get the juices flowing (see above). A bit like lemons ,only less harsh, and much bigger.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That's a very charitable explanation. You're obviously in a good mood today.
    Dim was good last night. What can I say.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X