• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Monday Links from Lane 2 of the M42 Northbound Vol. LXI"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Glad you're OK Nick.

(Who else would solve our css conundrums?)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    So do I. But I fear the naughty step may be lurking
    Really?

You think RealityHack will come steaming in here later tomorrow, pay no attention to anyone else, bother to read the moderators panel and then ban Shaunbhoy for 24 hours for infringing the swear filter, in the meantime both Admin, NAT & Cojak have said it's OK. You're saying the RH hands out bans to posters like Gary Glitter hands out lollipops to Vietnamese school children???

Nah. Will never happen.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Surely not? Poetic Licence............

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I LOVE your avatar

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yeah, take it easy old 'un.

I LOVE your avatar

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Yeah, take it easy old 'un.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Oh sorry to hear you've been proper poorly again.

Take care sweetie

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Yikes it really was constipation?
    Seems like that may have been part of it

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Or pyrosis.

('scuse the pun, it's no laughing matter) . I was however a little taken aback at your dietary revelations not so long back.
    Sorry

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Or pyrosis.

('scuse the pun, it's no laughing matter) . I was however a little taken aback at your dietary revelations not so long back.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

They pumped me full of morphine, then transferred me to The Hospital Without A Phone Signal for more tests. Eventual conclusion was that it was a combination of gut-related side effects and stress; my heart is in tip-top shape. The solution, of course, is more drugs, which were prescribed at 11am and finally arrived, meaning I could be discharged, at 18:30.

About 40 miles each way, mainly motorway

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    That's good news.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

They pumped me full of morphine, then transferred me to The Hospital Without A Phone Signal for more tests. Eventual conclusion was that it was a combination of gut-related side effects and stress; my heart is in tip-top shape. The solution, of course, is more drugs, which were prescribed at 11am and finally arrived, meaning I could be discharged, at 18:30.

You still invoiced for the day right? I mean, you did manage to invoice? None of this nampy pamby permie rubbish about not being able to do a days work I hope?

(Take it easy fella, don't want to be seeing a Nick Fitz emoticon for the next 30 years of posting )

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You alive fella?

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Still close to home or back to the grindstone?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The project I was intended to work on at the other gig ended up being delayed, so I was surplus to requirements although they gave a weeks notice. I finish there Tuesday, start the new gig Wednesday
    You alive fella?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Still close to home or back to the grindstone?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X