• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Good news for drivers!"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Not sure whether to be happy or sad.

Been waiting for VXR8s to drop below £15k (the price a cheap-ish runaround becomes a potential ass-raping) so I can enjoy one of the 'last V8s' before they become extinct (even BMW are going smaller capacity twin turbo in their M series).

So while high petrol prices may cause the residuals to crash on these gas guzzlers, the cost of having to fill up is going to get painful for tight-arsed northerners like me.
    Last edited by PAH; 26 February 2011, 10:17.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I got a full UK driving license without any points on it
    Me too. And no fckin car

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Nobody's fooled, you have nothing more than a moped license.
    I got a full UK driving license without any points on it

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Old SL55 AMG was better looking - I'll now have to go for Aygo
    Nobody's fooled, you have nothing more than a moped license.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    You like your girly cars, eh DP.
    Check this old thread by our own DimPrawn: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-am-i-gay.html

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Low maintenance, just the bodywork needs touching up ?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That's the old shape like the old SL55, with the nicer round headlights. Same car but much bigger engine.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    That's the old shape like the old SL55, with the nicer round headlights. Same car but much bigger engine.

Even 5.5 is too expensive IMHO

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 twin turbo is thirsty!
    Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG | evo Car Reviews | Car Reviews | evo

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V12 is thirsty!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

Bloody right!

Stiff upper lip, pump that petrol out of the ground, my V8 is thirsty!

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    I was listening to radio the other day and they had various British oil workers whining about how they needed to get out of the country and the British government weren't sending the SAS out with planes quick enough, and I was thinking, "You can't just abandon your job because of a bit of shooting and stuff! What about my petrol?? Get back to work, the lot of you."

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Sadly, I can remember petrol at 4/6d a gallon.

That's 22.5p for the uninitiated.
    That was the same for a packet of 20 cigarettes.
    Today packet of twenty is about £6? That equates to £6 per gallon or £1.30 per litre.
    No change then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X