• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: LoveFilm online

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "LoveFilm online"

Collapse

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    I did once consider LF, and the idea of clicking and ordering online seemed fairly hassle free.

The only part that seemed a bit annoying was having to go out and post the things back.

If the postie in the morning could collect it and save me bother, then it might be useful.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So I complain LF they don't offer good online facilities, and you make the logical jump that I can't afford the service? It's not about money it's about service; on the PS3 you're not even allowed to pay extra for the new films.

Never mind an alpha course, I;d recommend checking out your local comp for adult basic literacy courses.
    Methinks you doth protest too much.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    So I complain LF they don't offer good online facilities, and you make the logical jump that I can't afford the service? It's not about money it's about service; on the PS3 you're not even allowed to pay extra for the new films.

Never mind an alpha course, I;d recommend checking out your local comp for adult basic literacy courses.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    What to nick the DVDs off people as they come out?
    Well I was suggesting that you use your wages to pay for them yourself, but hey, if your instinct is to veer towards the violent and illegal route, fill yer boots. I've never done an Alpha Course BTW.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Why not just hang around outside your local Blockbusters selling the Big Issue you cheapskate?
    What to nick the DVDs off people as they come out?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Got a leaflet from Sky over the weekend saying they were starting a view on demand service over and above the Sky Anytime.

I just cancelled my Lovefilm subs as Sky Atlantic etc mean I'm not short of things to watch - I only watch 6 or 7 hours of TV a week as it is.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I reckon we'll probably use the month and drop it, from past experience they'll then offer us another month or 3 free to try and keep us in.
    Why not just hang around outside your local Blockbusters selling the Big Issue you cheapskate?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It appears NetFlix is a much more complete online rental solution, but sadly US-only. Has anyone used it... if they can do it in the US at least it offers hope for us down the line.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    If you want to use the Lovefilm postal service, try EasyCinema. It is "Easy" branded Lovefilm and I think the rentals are cheaper. (Must admit I haven't checked recently, but they were cheaper when I was using it regularly).
    £2 to watch a DVD is pretty reasonable, especially as you pay for a number of rentals rather to paying to watch x number of movies a month that only a teenager is going to find time to watch them

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I think we were last members through Tesco, which is also a rebranded LF IIRC. I reckon we'll probably use the month and drop it, from past experience they'll then offer us another month or 3 free to try and keep us in.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    If you want to use the Lovefilm postal service, try EasyCinema. It is "Easy" branded Lovefilm and I think the rentals are cheaper. (Must admit I haven't checked recently, but they were cheaper when I was using it regularly).

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    The regular DVD-by-post thing is a decent service, used it before, just not interested in it now so wanted to test the online version, hoping it was identical films
    It is a while since I tried it so maybe they've upped the quality since. I think there are some free movies on the site to give it a try with.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    I thought most peeps still have montly bandwidth limits, so it sounds of limited usefullness even without the gripe of not having recent releases
    40Gb here as standard on chepo TalkTalk, which is used by many, I don't know how much a film takes but I'd guess 1-2Gb based on renting through the PS3 network, which lets you download the film first. So you can get through a fair few... just like using iPlayer really.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I believe their business model relies heavily on duping the gullible. That is where YOU come in d000hg.
    Yeah I'm very gullible for using the service for free for a month and cancelling if it's no good.

The regular DVD-by-post thing is a decent service, used it before, just not interested in it now so wanted to test the online version, hoping it was identical films

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    I thought most peeps still have montly bandwidth limits, so it sounds of limited usefullness even without the gripe of not having recent releases
    I signed up to NTL now virgin back in 2000 and have never had a download limit, they may throttle it for excessive users but i have never been advised of any kind of limit and i am running 2 playstations 2 Xbox, 3 PCs, 2 ipods almost 24/7

Leave a comment:

Working...
X