• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ipad2 to be launched next week"

Collapse

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Hands on: iPad 2 review | News | TechRadar UK

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You mean like how iPhone3GS is still used by loads of people? Or those who bought any other tablet are left with a usable item even when better ones come out.

Still, you sit their waiting until they stop making better versions of things before buying anything. Good luck with that.
    I was looking at the used prices of iPads on Amazon earlier, which admittedly was not a comprehensive study, and they were surprisingly high. The previous generation of the iPod Touch was also selling for more than the next generation for reasons I didn't fathom.

Next big thing, probably some time off and missing a few steps in between, will be a smartphone that has advantages of a big display with the advantages of a small device. Roll-up or fold up displays.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Brilliant. So all the smug iTwats that have shelled out £600 in the last 9 months now have an embarrassing obsolete piece of junk to embarrass them.
    You mean like how iPhone3GS is still used by loads of people? Or those who bought any other tablet are left with a usable item even when better ones come out.

Still, you sit their waiting until they stop making better versions of things before buying anything. Good luck with that.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Limited functionality? What else do you expect it to do?
    I would have said make phone calls but it would certainly kill any cool you might have had holding this up to your ear. I can't wait to see the first person with a Samsung one taking a call

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I don't understand why people would pay such a massive amount for such limited functionality.
    It's a bird puller for those on limited budgets

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    All these tablets are just large smart phones without the phone bit

I can't see the excitement

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It will be v7 by the time I get my sofa
    Um, that's kinda what I was getting at.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    FTFY
    It will be v7 by the time I get my sofa

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    I think I'll buy one actually - seen v1 in the flesh yesterday, looks very nice - v7 will be perfect for my sofa
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I don't understand why people would pay such a massive amount for such limited functionality.
    They've added easy to use sockie switching functionality there

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Play popular mass market games (with demanding graphics), be able to use off the shelf standard applications office/graphics/development, file storage and serving if needed, run virtual machines, boot to different operating systems, be easy to upgrade if a new app needs it, connect wired or wireless to networks, connect any USB peripheral. Just the standard stuff you can do with a similarly priced laptop really.

Portability is a heavy price to pay to lose most of those.

On my very cheap (I paid about £175) and nasty netbook which is highly portable I can do most of those and my reasonably priced but large Dell XPS I can do all of them.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I think I'll buy one actually - seen v1 in the flesh yesterday, looks very nice - v2 will be perfect for my habit
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Its competitor comes out tomorrow:

http://www.freep.com/article/2011022...ul-iPad-killer

Bloody expensive and looks like an iPad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X