• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Niall

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Niall"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I hadn't taken much notice.
    And that day concluded the testing of the new invisibility cloak

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I used to visit a client site in Tallaght just outside Dublin. Which 15 years ago had the highest murder rate in Ireland coupled with a very loyal IRA following.

Next morning I mentioned that I'd been out for a few beers in the village. They looked at me dumb founded. Which pub did you go into?

I told them the name and they looked even more aghast.

And you didn't have any problems????

No. I just ordered and sat in the corner reading the paper. Why was is a locals pub?

Yeah. It's just that you have an offensive accent.

Turned out it was a massive pro IRA pub. I hadn't taken much notice.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    On Irish roads it must seem like it.

PS I do apologise for this racist slur on Irish roads.
    Maybe that's it

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Clonmel is a zillion miles from Dublin
    On Irish roads it must seem like it.

PS I do apologise for this racist slur on Irish roads.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    My comprehension of economics (as conventionally accepted) is zero (it is so unscientific as to be merely as branch of voodoo) but do recall reading that a major factor in US success was the ease with which bankrupts can redeem themselves. 12 years seems daft.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    AP - do you know of any Fruit Farms "just outside" Dublin? I sure as hell don't.

I think they made this ejit up.
    There used to be a lot of fruit farms and green house around Swords, but I think most of them got built on.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    No it isn't. It's not too far from Waterford. Admittedly I wouldn't want to walk it but Ireland's so small that everywhere is near everywhere else.
    Last edited by Churchill; 23 February 2011, 15:47.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    That's not too far from Dublin.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Was he as good as he thought he was? What did he say, one of the best 2 or 3 programmers in the world or something like that?
    I think we ascertained that he wasn't. The debate should still be in the CUK archives somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    A mate of mine was one of Niall's (of Nedprod fame) lecturers at Hull University. Small world, eh?
    Was he as good as he thought he was? What did he say, one of the best 2 or 3 programmers in the world or something like that?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    That's not too far from Dublin.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Fab, thank you. Now this is the kind of blog I hate (yet secretly love, for cringe reasons).
    A mate of mine was one of Niall's (of Nedprod fame) lecturers at Hull University. Small world, eh?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Where do Magners get there apples from?
    A total of 17 varieties of apple are grown in the Magners Orchards in Clonmel and are used to make the famous Magners brand. They are Michellin, Dabinett, Yarlington Mill, Bulmer's Norman, Tremlett's Bitter, Breakwell Seedling, Taylor's, Harry Master's Jersey, Medaille d'Or, Reine des Pommes, Ashton Bitter, Brambley's, Grenadier, Brown Thorn, Brown Snout, Vilberies and improved Dove.
    The different varieties, all mature at different times of the season, i.e. early croppers, mid-seasons and lates. This allows the orchard managers to pace the harvest and produce sufficient supplies to make up a traditional blend like Magners.
    Magners

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    See above.
    Fab, thank you. Now this is the kind of blog I hate (yet secretly love, for cringe reasons).

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    AP - do you know of any Fruit Farms "just outside" Dublin? I sure as hell don't.

I think they made this ejit up.
    Where do Magners get there apples from?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X