• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are there a lot of doleys pretending to be contractors on here?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Being a permie is a lot better than being a doley in current times IMHO.
    But watch out for those headhunters whatever you do!!!

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    If you're a permie that's OK, provided you keep the contracting mentality.
    Glad to hear it. Being a permie is a lot better than being a doley in current times IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    No it's not. It's your personality that does it.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    SAS, aren't you a wannabe contractor yourself? Aren't you in effect voting for self immolation?
    No, he is a permie.

He was a permie around 10 years ago when I joined this board.

He will still be a permie in 10 years.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It is not the 6 figure salary that pisses my mates off, it is taking 6 months off each year.
    No it's not. It's your personality that does it.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    SAS, aren't you a wannabe contractor yourself? Aren't you in effect voting for self immolation?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Really, why do you care that much?

In all honesty I suspect there are a number of lying scumbags on this forum. By that I mean those that go on about how rich, clever or otherwise amazing they are. Do you think that anybody lets that stuff influence their opinion?

Stop being so bloody nasty all the time - I very much doubt those that are on the bench want to be there, regardless of your (or anyone elses) opinions.
    Extremely well put CM, all 3 points.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Plan 9 (From Outer Space)?
    You've read my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a couple of friends with yachts, I am lucky enough to have a bunch of musical instruments that I can spend my time messing abut with. I am lucky that the girl is GP and pulls in more over year than your walking womb gets in 10 years. I am lucky that I have paid off the house and lucky that I have funds to spare. I am lucky that I can pick up any jobbie at any time.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Yes
    Plan 9 (From Outer Space)?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Surely SKA has moved on from plan B now?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    still sober
    I'm afraid so.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Just wait till we all get pissed ...
    still sober

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    not sure about doley's but there are plenty of sad feckers posting on here at 6.45 on a Friday......
    Just wait till we all get pissed ...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I think everyone who is not proper Plan Ber should be banned from these forums.
    Surely SKA has moved on from plan B now?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X