• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New CUK Site

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New CUK Site"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    It can be very slow when not on wifi - and if I'm using the phone then this is generally the case.
    I can concur, it can be a tad laborious browsing on the phone. Not sure if it is the adverts slowing it up?

Is it possible to be able to hide the adverts in stealth mode????

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I often view the site using the native browser on my phone, never had a problem...
    It can be very slow when not on wifi - and if I'm using the phone then this is generally the case.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    No
    OI!

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    As well as CUK for iphone, will there be versions of the app for blackberry and android phones?
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    and the Nokia N95
    See what usage is like for the dying-in-popularity model and if OK then we may well commission the same for the 'droid. Not sure that market share for blackberry and N95 would warrant specific apps for them though.

or just a version of the site optimised for mobile browsing on any handset
    I often view the site using the native browser on my phone, never had a problem...

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just out of interest when is the cutover?
    I see ContractorUK has been logged on for the last few days as well. Going
    to do this mob handed Admin?
    Should have been live a few months ago. If you are going to miss a deadline then you may as well do it in style

Main ContractorUK account has probably been on here deleting libellous and offensive posts that have been complained about. I am surprised your account is still active, MF

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Ask EO. He has a climate model. Get him to extrapolate the temperature
    of the Earth to when it's cold enough that Hell freezes over.
    So... you're saying it's on the way?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Never mind the DB, when is TPD getting it's own server?
    Ask EO. He has a climate model. Get him to extrapolate the temperature
    of the Earth to when it's cold enough that Hell freezes over.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nice. What about the database server?
    Never mind the DB, when is TPD getting it's own server?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    As well as CUK for iphone, will there be versions of the app for blackberry and android phones?
    No

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

and the Nokia N95

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just out of interest when is the cutover?
    I see ContractorUK has been logged on for the last few days as well. Going
    to do this mob handed Admin?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It can be done with a very simple stylesheet, but wouldn't necessarily be pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    Sidetracking thread slightly, you're a man who knows his stuff, what have you plumped for as the parser on the iPhone. My Plan B app has been in the app store for a while but as the feed sizes have grown, the performance of the code using NSXMLParser has dimished, these aren't big XML files really, 1-3000 rows but however I code it, the NSXMLParser just seems slightly sluggish.

For one part of the app I wrote a .NET module to format an XML plist at the server side and the iPhone app retrieves that, bungs it in a temp location and then reads that instead of the feed XML and that is super speedy but fiddly to implement.

Have you found anything halfway between the two for the CUK app?
    I've just stuck with NSXMLParser, as that's been adequate for my purposes. If you're considering alternatives, it's worth reading Ray Wenderlich's article How to Choose the Best XML Parser for Your iPhone Project comparing various options.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I didn't know we were getting a new site. Oh well, I only visit the forum anyway, is that changing (again) too, or just the appendix that is the non-forum part?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X