• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This should get some blood boiling"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Quick reality check: can those spouting racism (it's the system at fault, not the individuals - so change the system) please do something about their avatars? Krauts & BOBFOCs in particular. Ta.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Well - Point 1 = correct

but - Point 2 = likely to be inaccurate (how exactly did you establish that any of them were or weren't Brits/immigrants?)
    I actually had a 30 minute conversation with a member of staff who had just arrived three months ago from India. He was very polite as most Indians are and we had a good conversation. The vast majority claiming benefit were Polish and they were in the Polish speaking queue. The rest were from the Indian subcontinent who could not speak any English.

I felt so sorry for the builder who is self employed and out of work and can’t claim benefits but still must pay up his council tax so his money can be spent on council staff pensions and benefits for new arrivals.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Legally speaking being born in the UK by a foreign national does not make them British in the same way that if a British mother dropped a sprogg in Japan would not make it Japanese.

I am not persuaded by the argument of immigration from the media it’s just that in my day to day life I am coming across immigrants who should not here and are not contributing to society. I went to the town hall on Monday, not a Brit in sight and nearly a hundred odd immigrants claims housing benefit from other immigrants working for the local authority. No other country would put up with this.

OK, there was anther Brit, he was a builder who could not afford to pay his £1,800 council tax. The staff threatened to get an arrest warrant .
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Well - Point 1 = correct

but - Point 2 = likely to be inaccurate (how exactly did you establish that any of them were or weren't Brits/immigrants?)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    She can be deported when the kids become adults.

Edit: I agree that popping out sprogs should not be a ticket to stay here. The kids are British though so you can't deport them or their father.
    Legally speaking being born in the UK by a foreign national does not make them British in the same way that if a British mother dropped a sprogg in Japan would not make it Japanese.

I am not persuaded by the argument of immigration from the media it’s just that in my day to day life I am coming across immigrants who should not here and are not contributing to society. I went to the town hall on Monday, not a Brit in sight and nearly a hundred odd immigrants claims housing benefit from other immigrants working for the local authority. No other country would put up with this.

OK, there was anther Brit, he was a builder who could not afford to pay his £1,800 council tax. The staff threatened to get an arrest warrant .
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Paddy; 1 February 2011, 18:34.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Nope. no sign of Xoggi or Parchan today. Must be busy doing self-assessment.
    Filed it, got it, spent it so I'm all yours.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You're not doing too well at trying to stir up the racist coals today, are you?
    Nope. no sign of Xoggi or Parchan today. Must be busy doing self-assessment.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    What victim?
    What, wasn't there one? Well, there's no smoke without fire.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Edit: I agree that popping out sprogs should not be a ticket to stay here. The kids are British though so you can't deport them or their father.
    Not really..because by then she'd probably qualify under long residence...Bzzzt!

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    And once again, no mention at all of her victim's "human rights".
    What victim?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    And once again, no mention at all of her victim's "human rights".

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Last edited by Zippy; 1 February 2011, 17:36.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    They is already doing that - remember that iraqi from ooop north wat drove over a young lass and could not be removed? keep up.
    You're not doing too well at trying to stir up the racist coals today, are you?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And if everyone agrees with a ruling like this every illegal in the country will be trying to get wed and pop sprogs as fast as possible, or even get pregnant before attempting to get in to the UK because we are too soft to deport pregnant women or babies born in the UK.

It's a tough rule and will be some unpleasantries but gotta stick to it or it is worthless.
    They is already doing that - remember that iraqi from ooop north wat drove over a young lass and could not be removed? keep up.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    And if everyone agrees with a ruling like this every illegal in the country will be trying to get wed and pop sprogs as fast as possible, or even get pregnant before attempting to get in to the UK because we are too soft to deport pregnant women or babies born in the UK.

It's a tough rule and will be some unpleasantries but gotta stick to it or it is worthless.
    Just think about how much money the Lawyers have made from all of this...

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X