• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have people forgotton what food is for?"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I suspect that Subways new business model follows that of Dr Raven Sable (Famine) in Good Omens.

The Good Omens Lexicon
    As a fan of TP it was unsurprising that I loved that book- the big surprise was when an ancestor of mine was mentioned as an author of predictions (he was an author but to my knowledge never did predictions)

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    The bread is what puts me off Subway. It always seems to consist of some sawdust concoction. Strange, as they put emphasis on a choice of breads, but it always tastes foul.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is that in Hamburg?
    nein

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Not many people know this -
    Subway is an outlet that sell 'subs', and subs were sold years before by sandwich shops. In those days a 'sub' was a roll, stuffed with gear, called a 'sub' because it resembled a submarine hull.
    In Germany, you will never find a subway, or a shop selling 'subs', but I would heartily recommend a 'U-257' torpedo from the 'Dive Dive - dive' in the 'UberAllestrasses' in Wlhemshaven.

Is that in Hamburg?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Are we talking

Thank you. I shall print that and look at it every time I have a Mac Attack.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Not many people know this -
    Subway is an outlet that sell 'subs', and subs were sold years before by sandwich shops. In those days a 'sub' was a roll, stuffed with gear, called a 'sub' because it resembled a submarine hull.
    In Germany, you will never find a subway, or a shop selling 'subs', but I would heartily recommend a 'U-257' torpedo from the 'Dive Dive - dive' in the 'UberAllestrasses' in Wlhemshaven.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I love MaccyD's. I genuinely think I'm addicted. It got so bad a few years back that I had to visit different restaurants because I was going so often it got embarrassing.
    Are we talking

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Several times a day often?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I love MaccyD's. I genuinely think I'm addicted. It got so bad a few years back that I had to visit different restaurants because I was going so often it got embarrassing.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Can you lend us £2.99 for a Subway?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    2 Ltd companies - Big deal.
    self employed business - you're a contractor
    3 contracts & offer of a fourth - asked to fix your mate's PC isn't a contract offer
    Ebay business, import business - import something and sell it on eBay, instant "business" credentials
    Look Doogie. I understand how it is. Everyone has money problems at some time. I once needed to borrow a tenner to go to the pub as I hadn't been paid. I was only 17 though.

If you want to borrow some cash for MaccyD's just ask. I'm sure Dimprawn can do you a deal through Zopa. With your age and credit rating though, it's going be about 35% per week plus you'll need to put your wife up as collateral.

hth

MF

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not a fan of KFC. The taste is fine but the chicken ain't. My McD meal of choice would be a box of 20 nuggets and a large coffee though.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I was a cook in KFC for a couple of years. Then tended to put the students in with the burny machines and left the dross out front shop where they the worst they could do was piss of a customer rather than burn an arm off or blind someone.

Chicken was real cheap tulip, I think they were only 10 weeks old when they were slaughtered, used to steal bags of the secret mix and cook it with decent chicken meat at home.

Rarely eat out of any of these places, not so because they are poor quality food, it is because they are everywhere and I resent that more.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I can't bring myself to go into one, there seems to be one on every street corner in the city these days ( I noticed a similar trend in China with KFCs), as for McDonalds I've only been twice in over 30 years.
    I've only been in a KFC once IIRC. Oh, hang on I did also buy some fries in one a couple of years ago, steadfastly avoiding the chicken that time, but the potion was minuscule and not very good. Expensive too.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    2 Ltd companies - Big deal.
    self employed business - you're a contractor
    3 contracts & offer of a fourth - asked to fix your mate's PC isn't a contract offer
    Ebay business, import business - import something and sell it on eBay, instant "business" credentials

Leave a comment:

Working...
X