• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is there better named takeaway than this place?"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Just an update.... Abrakebabra in our town at home has been taken over and is now called - Mc Donner
    Abracadabra should be a lingerie shop.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    So you could say you've been fiddling in the Black Bitch?
    More of a complex fingering really.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Played a few tunes there over the years
    So you could say you've been fiddling in the Black Bitch?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Of course, to top it all, when I nearly moved to Linlithgow, my local would have been 'The Black Bitch'.
    Played a few tunes there over the years

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Of course, to top it all, when I nearly moved to Linlithgow, my local would have been 'The Black Bitch'.

"Just off to the Black Bitch for a quick one"

"I'm in the Black Bitch, I thought you were coming too?"

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...359.72,,0,3.77

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    There used to be a chippery near me called the Runwell Chop Suey House!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    We have a Chinese on the Main street called 'Yuk House' and a pizza place called 'Taking the Pizza'

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Just an update.... Abrakebabra in our town at home has been taken over and is now called - Mc Donner

Hmmmmnnnnnn

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    There used to be Chinese takeaway near us called the Wan King, not joking either.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Actually I've never eaten in or from the place but they are everywhere - loads in Dublin and in most towns. My sis swears by their "taco fries" whatever they are!

We also have SuperMac's which is our version of MaccyD's. Till about 10 years ago if you wanted MaccyD's you had to go to Dublin or Cork... not sure if there was one in Galway?
    A mate and I had a kebab from there years ago, one in Dublin. We were amazed by how they served the kebab all neatly rolled up - she still talks about it to this day.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Might have to linky this picture below

Last edited by hyperD; 20 January 2011, 19:02. Reason: First picture not displaying too well

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I seem to recall it being quite expensive, but I'd had a skin full around temple bar and I NEEDED a kebab.
    Actually I've never eaten in or from the place but they are everywhere - loads in Dublin and in most towns. My sis swears by their "taco fries" whatever they are!

We also have SuperMac's which is our version of MaccyD's. Till about 10 years ago if you wanted MaccyD's you had to go to Dublin or Cork... not sure if there was one in Galway?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    It IS funny, that place was one of my fave sight seeing locations in Ireland
    I seem to recall it being quite expensive, but I'd had a skin full around temple bar and I NEEDED a kebab.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    It IS funny, that place was one of my fave sight seeing locations in Ireland

Chippy near me is called For Cods Sake.
    Now that one is funny!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X