• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Breaking News : Police arrest 32 year old in Jo Yeates Murder"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Shouldn't really makes joke about these things, so I feel suitable ashamed
    Oh, go on. You know you want to.

Police in the Yeates murder are appealing for armchair detectives...

I had a good look down the back of the sofa but all I could find was a bit of pizza and an old sock.
    How do you know Joanna Yeates was a natural blonde?

On the back of that pizza she bought it reads: "for best results cook while frozen"
    (That's guaranteed me a reservation in Hell.)

Lucky Jo Yeates' - she got a free topping with her pizza!
    Police investigating the Christmas disappearance of Joanna Yeates and a missing pizza box say they have found a body in snow. One detective was quoted as saying "We knew it was the body of Jo as the snow was deeppan, crisp and even."
    BBC NEWS: Police charge Dutch man with Jo Yeates murder.

Huh? I thought they were looking for a Hawaiian.
    I think that'll do.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Not heard from Wilmslow in three days mind.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilmslow had put a secret tunnel into the flat next door.
    Tabek is a trilingual engineer and an expert in the flow of people through buildings including sports venues.
    A man is charged with Jo Yeates murder

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    So why did he do it?

If proven that this Dutch fellow is responsible, there is the question of why.

The only link I can establish is the architectural one. Are Buro Happold quite literally murdering the competition?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    BBC News - Police charge Vincent Tabak with Jo Yeates murder

Odd, as this news hasn't made it onto Google News, and yet the date and time of the BBC article suggests that this was known yesterday evening. I'd have thought the advance from arrest to charge would be a big step and big news.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Jo Yeates’ Dutch neighbour nicked | The Sun |News

Well there you go. In the sun article the layout of the room shows there is a blocked up door from the flat next door right onto Jo Yeates bedroom. So if true the guy could have been listening at her bedroom door for yonks. Police are checking to see if the door had been recently opened.

If true though. It does seem like super lazy policing.
    <Placeholder>Bumbling Bobbies from Bris'ol - Read all about it in "The Sun"</Placeholder>

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The chap was in the flat next door divided by a partition. He's probably a Wilmslow type who's been listening through the wall for time. Probably become infatuated, either popped around to complain about the noise, broken into her flat and been found going through her underwear or made a pass.

Wouldn't surprise me if Wilmslow had put a secret tunnel into the flat next door.

Sorry I meant Dutchman.
    Jo Yeates&rsquo; Dutch neighbour nicked | The Sun |News

Well there you go. In the sun article the layout of the room shows there is a blocked up door from the flat next door right onto Jo Yeates bedroom. So if true the guy could have been listening at her bedroom door for yonks. Police are checking to see if the door had been recently opened.

If true though. It does seem like super lazy policing.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    The way things are going they'll arrest and destroy the lives of every bloke in Bristol and still not get the right bloke.

Btw, it'll be interesting to see what gets dug up in Holland about the bloke. Is this his first murder?
    The chap was in the flat next door divided by a partition. He's probably a Wilmslow type who's been listening through the wall for time. Probably become infatuated, either popped around to complain about the noise, broken into her flat and been found going through her underwear or made a pass.

Sorry I meant Dutchman.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The way things are going they'll arrest and destroy the lives of every bloke in Bristol and still not get the right bloke.

Btw, it'll be interesting to see what gets dug up in Holland about the bloke. Is this his first murder?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I do however fervently hope that they've got the right person this time.
    It would make a nice change for them

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh! Oh! BTW. Friends of the in-laws , hubby is a 'manager' in said company of arrested suspect in Bath.

Awaiting more info on murder suspect.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's nothing to do with the eyes. What was the shape of his head?

All about Criminal Motivation, by Mark Gado &mdash; Phrenology &mdash; Crime Library on truTV.com

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I'm just back from the opticians, and they did measure how close my eyes were together. I'm sure they've never done that before. Maybe I'm next to have my day in The Sun.
    My long dead gran always claimed that she could tell the Ken Livingstone was evil because his eyes were too close together. It naturally follows that you, Thunderlizard, are to blame for all that is wrong in that London.

Hanging's too good for the likes of you.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Is it possible to generate a list of 32-year old CUK'ers, possibly cross reference that with those in the SW, and those that haven't visited the site today? That goes a bit beyond my SQL skills, but I'm sure someone here could manage it.
    Code:
    mysql> select username from users where date_add(dob, interval 32 year) > now() and date_add(dob, interval 33 year) < now() and last_visit < date_sub(now(), interval 1 day) and region = 'SW';
    +-----------+
    | username  |
    +-----------+
    | VectraMan | 
    +-----------+
    1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Funny you should mention that. I'm just back from the opticians, and they did measure how close my eyes were together. I'm sure they've never done that before. Maybe I'm next to have my day in The Sun.
    Ooooh! Compensation

Leave a comment:

Working...
X