• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Global Warming costs mounting up"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Can someone please let me know when this Global Warming actually means we don't have a ******* freezing winter and a washout cold summer for a change?
    Have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Can someone please let me know when this Global Warming actually means we don't have a ******* freezing winter and a washout cold summer for a change?

Cheers,

PS If it's in the next 20 years that would be great.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Fake Conferences
    I checked this conference out, which was a so called fake conference.

IEEE Xplore - ITAP 2010 Welcome

I can assure you that anything published by the IEEE is not fake.

Sounds like desperation, climate "scientists" trying to smear anything they don't agree with.

Lets wait for the temperatures to plunge.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    But the real interesting question is how are you going to explain the rapid cooling from 2010 onwards.

I'm looking forward to that one.

Lets peer into history to see what the scientists were saying in 1982:

Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 January 2011, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    As long as it really does explain the alternate view and isn't just a book by a geologist rubbishing the alternate view, I'll have a look.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    That's just the conclusion (or rather on of the outcomes within a range) - isn't there any more to in than that?
    All explained here:

Don J. Easterbrook, Research Publications: Global climate change | global warming

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    The alternate view is that the temperature will rise 4 degrees by the end of the century.

Dream on. The way the Sun is going, now looking increasingly more like the Maunder Minimum.

Which means....a huge drop in temperatures

Starting this year.
    That's just the conclusion (or rather on of the outcomes within a range) - isn't there any more to in than that?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I think you should be doing that.
    you seriously want me to outline the cagw case ?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    The alternate view is that the temperature will rise 4 degrees by the end of the century, because of rising CO2 levels

Dream on. The way the Sun is going, now looking increasingly more like the Maunder Minimum.

Which means....a huge drop in temperatures

Starting this year.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    can you give me a quick paragraph on the stance of those who are not suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position ?

I think you should be doing that.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I'm always suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position.
    can you give me a quick paragraph on the stance of those who are not suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position ?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Wow, nice pad. You gotta admire that, the lizard did good.

Now that I've read Chicken Licken, where's my funding?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    That the small variations over a relatively short period in climate terms are driven mostly by natural variations, not human activity.

So taxing the tulipe out of energy usage only makes everyones std of living lower and makes feck all difference to temperature, sea levels, distruptive weather events etc, and only serves to buy Al Gore and even bigger mansion.

PHOTOS: Al Gore's New $8.875 Million Montecito Villa
    I'm always suspicious of people who are unable or unwilling to demonstrate an understanding of the alternate view to their position.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What is the alternate view?
    That the small variations over a relatively short period in climate terms are driven mostly by natural variations, not human activity.

So taxing the tulipe out of energy usage only makes everyones std of living lower and makes feck all difference to temperature, sea levels, distruptive weather events etc, and only serves to buy Al Gore and even bigger mansion.

PHOTOS: Al Gore's New $8.875 Million Montecito Villa

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Before you can claim CO2 caused the warming between 1980 and 2000, you have to understand what caused the warming between 1910-1940. Then what caused the cooling between 1940-1970.

...and then when you've understood that you can perhaps claim that 1980-2000 warming was unexpected. But you can't. There was a record solar maximum in that period.

Easterbrook explains it well, and I suggest people read it. The ice core data shows it.

The temperatures are going plummet

Sit back and enjoy the show. As Piers Corbyn says, 2011 will be the Stalingrad of AGW.
    What is the alternate view?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X