• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A sure way to ward off evil"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Alastair Campbell diaries: The shaping of a war leader | Politics | The Guardian

Beats me what relevance he saw. All it makes me think is that Blair's head on a platter would be a great idea.
    from what I read in AC diaries, it seems Blair wanted the pair of them in his cabinet.
    Herod as child protection and anti-bullying minister, John the baptist as long range blue sky thinker and water management(purification) portfolio

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    If you wore her head on a pendant around your neck you'd ward off just about anything.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Lot of interest in this thread. Let me consult my library of witchcraft and I shall return with a charm to make you all millionaires.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Alastair Campbell diaries: The shaping of a war leader | Politics | The Guardian

Wednesday 16 December [first day of bombing] TB was clearly having a bit of a wobble. He said he had been reading the Bible last night, as he often did when the really big decisions were on, and he had read something about John the Baptist and Herod which had caused him to rethink, albeit not change his mind.

[Campbell note John the Baptist denounced the marriage of Herod Antipas, Herod ordered him to be imprisoned and later beheaded.]
    Beats me what relevance he saw. All it makes me think is that Blair's head on a platter would be a great idea.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Best thing to carry around to ward off evil would be an AK47

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Long time since I read it but I seem to recall they were always slaughtering each other in the Old Testament, usually as commanded by god.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Ward off evil? Should that be prevent it escaping? Blair consulting the bible to decide policy was a lot more worrying.
    Missed the bit in the bible about starting illegal wars being the right thing to do.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Especially if it was a special "sexed up" Bible, with extra smiting.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Ward off evil? Should that be prevent it escaping? Blair consulting the bible to decide policy was a lot more worrying.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It id 10 pasts one in the morning and this is the best chat you have?

You seriously need to get some chat.
    You can either be part of the audience and complain about the show, or get on stage and do your funny turn.

Or was that your funny turn?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just wear a pendant...

If you are not yet blind, then you can read about it in the source: Cherie Blair wore a pendant to ward off evil spirits at No 10 says Alastair Campbell | Mail Online
    It id 10 pasts one in the morning and this is the best chat you have?

You seriously need to get some chat.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Wide mouthed frog. Scary.
    Slightly mad? SLIGHTLY MAD?................She MARRIED Blair ! SLIGHTLY MAD?
    As bad as each other, I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Just wear a pendant...
    weary a pedant

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    It didn't do a very good job of warding off Alastair Campbell.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    started a topic A sure way to ward off evil

A sure way to ward off evil

Just wear a pendant...

If you are not yet blind, then you can read about it in the source: Cherie Blair wore a pendant to ward off evil spirits at No 10 says Alastair Campbell | Mail Online

Working...
X