• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lack of personal interaction"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I worked at one clientco where the Engineering Directors secretary used to walk into the office demanding "Don't you lot have work to do?" if we made too much noise.
    Just like being back at skool

I had quite a shock a few years ao when I did a German course. At reception on the first day I was bearing sarnies and a bottle of coke or whatever. I got a bollocking that food and drink weren't allowed into classrooms.

A different world...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    WCMS. See the 'little things that annoy you' thread for my fear of small talk.
    You sound like my ideal woman! Move over, Wilmslow...

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    I worked at one clientco where the Engineering Directors secretary used to walk into the office demanding "Don't you lot have work to do?" if we made too much noise.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Current client co has both been quite good - most of the permies here you can have a decent chat with.

previous client co was the same, most of the permies were decent to chat too (there were a few fruitloops!), and there were a load of 'tractors amongst whom the banter was really good!

Most of my other contracts and permie jobs, I've always gotten on pretty well with most folks, and in my younger days working in city centre locations there was always good friday sessions after work.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This is the one thing I notice since going back contracting from being perm.

Maybe it's the run of contracts in the last 12 months with this site being the worse. For 4 weeks I have been stuck in an attic on my own. Nobody to talk to all day. Then off for a lonely lunch.
    Sounds like one of my favorite gigs. Working on my own in an office known in the company as the "Crows Nest". No one to bother me or hassle me, just left to get on with it at my own pace. If I needed to talk to someone it was an excuse to go for a wander. Take coffee and lunch breaks when I felt like it, no-one watching when I arrived and left the office, as long as the work got done no-one cared. Bliss.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    raarr

thats my tiger trying to get out

You should get a catflap.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    raarr

Impressive.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You forgot "little, overweight, roly-poly scouse gimps".

Hth.
    raarr

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Be fair. there's gimps and then there's gimps.

limp gimps
    shrimp gimps
    blimp gimps
    simp gimps
    pimp gimps
    wimp gimps

and then there are handsome hard gimps with big willies

raaar

You forgot "little, overweight, roly-poly scouse gimps".

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    I don't work in IT, but I hear you're a bunch of gimps.
    The IT Contractor Portal
    Just pop your badge in at reception on the way out would you?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Be fair. there's gimps and then there's gimps.

limp gimps
    shrimp gimps
    blimp gimps
    simp gimps
    pimp gimps
    wimp gimps

and then there are handsome hard gimps with big willies

raaar

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Miserable c*w

I certainly am!

My sis has been having a tough time at work and she was telling me how she was upset about something a week or so ago and then she thought, F it, no one likes CM in the office so I'll be more like her

WSS

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm quite sociable. Head phoned IT geeks who cannot string a sentence together or offer a pleasant greeting are my pet hate.

Most people in IT have the personality of a damp lettuce and mannerisms of a serial killer.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I'm quite sociable. Head phoned IT geeks who cannot string a sentence together or offer a pleasant greeting are my pet hate.

Most people in IT have the personality of a damp lettuce and mannerisms of a serial killer.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    SHUT UP!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X