• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Absolutely Frazzled"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Tried it once and didn't like it, eh?
    Something like that.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I can't imagine having more than one.
    Tried it once and didn't like it, eh?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    SY02 and I are frazzled. The reason?

SY03, 04, 05
    I can't imagine having more than one.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    I would disagree that its more useful IRL - but great for discipline and structure.
    A style based on grappling, locks/holds and ground-work is far more useful for real fights I would say. The moment you end up on the ground - which is pretty likely - they win. Judo also means you have to respond to an attack so you're never the aggressor, which is a good lesson in my book.

But for a 5-year-old, we're splitting hairs

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Maybe you could get them into close-harmony singing SY??

You are Gricerboy in drag and I claim my £5.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied

SY03, 04, 05
    It must have been about this time of year I would hear my mother whisper to my father "You know, I'll be glad when it's time for them to go back to school."

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I see the competition went well SB.

Nonsense. I would never consider entering a gurning competition until sas has hung up his dunce's cap!!

You should consider the same regarding Springboard Diving. They still consider you to be the new "Tom Daley" in Torbay you know!!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    You mean handsome, rugged, debonair but yet with a hint of subtlety?
    Who knows? Doubtful to be honest!!

I see the competition went well SB.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Bloody hell! Do SY's kids look like you then SB?
    You mean handsome, rugged, debonair but yet with a hint of subtlety?
    Who knows? Doubtful to be honest!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Bloody hell! Do SY's kids look like you then SB?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied

SY03, 04, 05

By day they are little midget terrorists that run amok, making shrill noises while playing their games, demanding drinks, food, "Can you fix my toy Daddy", "Daddy, he hit me", "It wasn't me Daddy I didn't hit him" etc etc etc

By night they are masters of torture methods such as sleep deprivation, and Chinese "whining" torture. "I can't sleep Mummy, I had a bad dream", "I can't sleep, SY04 woke me up" etc etc etc

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Judo they're less likely to try fancy kicks on their mates. It's also arguably more useful IRL if that's of any relevance at all
    I would disagree that its more useful IRL - but great for discipline and structure.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Judo they're less likely to try fancy kicks on their mates. It's also arguably more useful IRL if that's of any relevance at all

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    MF - 4-5yr is a good age for them to start martial arts.
    We have taken 3 year olds before but they don't have the concentration.

My little girl, just turned 8 had her first sparing session at kickboxing on friday with a lad who is 10.
    It only lasted 10 secs, the lad dropped his guard and daughter just landed a jab right on the nose and there was blood everywhere. She started crying saying she never ment it

I said sure you ment to hit him there, but not that hard. BTW it was a cracking shot though
    I think it's good for discipline, concentration as well as fitness. I did mine really late and I think earlier would have been better. Not sure if Karate or Judo yet.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    MF - 4-5yr is a good age for them to start martial arts.
    We have taken 3 year olds before but they don't have the concentration.

My little girl, just turned 8 had her first sparing session at kickboxing on friday with a lad who is 10.
    It only lasted 10 secs, the lad dropped his guard and daughter just landed a jab right on the nose and there was blood everywhere. She started crying saying she never ment it

I said sure you ment to hit him there, but not that hard. BTW it was a cracking shot though

Leave a comment:

Working...
X