• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Latest gadget/fad purchases"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Just span the baby up, pulls you across the room once you get it up to speed.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Plastic one is not doing it for me anymore and I need to get my wrists stonger to improve my drumming.

Drumming eh?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I just had some of these delivered:

And now, along with all my other winter/ski gear, am hoping the whole country gets iced over in one great snowpocalypse, just so I can get kitted out 'bear grylls' style and mock lesser mortals.

But seriously - Mrs RH has asked me to test a range of these as the NHS may have need of such anti-slip footwear for all the oldies that slip and do themselves serious damage. I have found that they're excellent for all surfaces except laminate flooring. Where they're ruddy lethal.

Any interesting and unnecessary toys/gadgets bought by the congregation recently?
    You could have just made your self a pair of screw shoes...

Got myself a metal power ball the other day but it is in the sorting office as I missed the door bell. Plastic one is not doing it for me anymore and I need to get my wrists stonger to improve my drumming.

One wrong move on this baby and you will take the skin off your finger.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I found I could achieve adequate ambulation without dressing up as a climber. Walking boots, trainers and even slippers all appeared fine. Maybe our snow isn't as slippery.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Found it, but the link is dead, it seems Tchibo are no longer doing online sales to UK customers.

The ones the ex wife has aren't crampon style, they're more like springs on their sides with the attachment material running inside the spirals, the grip is impressive and they pack away really small so fine for a pocket or handbag for the ladies that carry them.
    Aha, do you mean YakTrax?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Found it, but the link is dead, it seems Tchibo are no longer doing online sales to UK customers.

The ones the ex wife has aren't crampon style, they're more like springs on their sides with the attachment material running inside the spirals, the grip is impressive and they pack away really small so fine for a pocket or handbag for the ladies that carry them.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Someone recommended summat similar for Mary Poppins or Cailin Maith recently, but not as expensive as RH's ones. Was it TykeMerc???
    I bunged some links up early this year when there was loads of snow and ice, the ex wife had bought some that work a treat.

I'll see if I can track down the post.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm tempted by those crampons too, at the risk of repeating myself a third time. A bit pricey though.

I've also been considering upgrading my el cheapo broken camera to another more modern el cheapo camera. But my first visit to Amazon seems to have provided something suitable.

Fujifilm FinePix AX250 Digital Camera - Black 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Hmm, is endless traipsing around the shops in sale or the internet going to trump that? £70.
    Someone recommended summat similar for Mary Poppins or Cailin Maith recently, but not as expensive as RH's ones. Was it TykeMerc???

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    I'm hoping to buy a new sofa

AtW

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Anyone know MF's email address?
    [email protected]

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm tempted by those crampons too, at the risk of repeating myself a third time. A bit pricey though.

I've also been considering upgrading my el cheapo broken camera to another more modern el cheapo camera. But my first visit to Amazon seems to have provided something suitable.

Fujifilm FinePix AX250 Digital Camera - Black 2.7 inch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Hmm, is endless traipsing around the shops in sale or the internet going to trump that? £70.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Just this:

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Anyone know MF's email address?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied