• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This should raise the blood pressure"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    According to The Wail, he was sentenced to four years - which would normally mean he'll be out in two. But you say he was just given a few weeks?
    He was initially given a few weeks as he had pretended to be his brother, who was under age. Once the Police et al discovered that he had lied about that as well, and was in fact over the age of majority, the Courts ruled he could be tried again, and hence the increased sentencing.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    That's the Fooker alright!! I doubt he would make it back out of Teignmouth alive anyway if he were ever stupid enough to return here!! He is Public Enemy #1 in these here parts! Maybe he will get "rehabilitated" in Prison?

According to The Wail, he was sentenced to four years - which would normally mean he'll be out in two. But you say he was just given a few weeks?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Listen - criminal loses a lot of rights, one of which right to remain where he is, right to see his family more than allowed by law etc.
    Why? Because you say so?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Illegal immigrant, 19, who posed as 15-year-old schoolboy exposed after stabbing two teenagers with a broken bottle | Mail Online Are these the ones?... 4 years and a deportation that will never happen and he'll be out in 2years or less

If that was my child I would not rest until there was a proper reckoning
    That's the Fooker alright!! I doubt he would make it back out of Teignmouth alive anyway if he were ever stupid enough to return here!! He is Public Enemy #1 in these here parts! Maybe he will get "rehabilitated" in Prison?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Robert Mugabe's henchman worked at Bristol care home

Nice to know that in your twilight years you'll be cared for with all the kindness and tenderness that only a mass murderer's henchman can muster.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Time this country got a set of balls.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    T
    My 18-year old and his mate got bottled back in june by an illegal immigrant. The CPS decided they would not go for the "Battery" charge as they felt they had a better chance of getting him on a public disorder offence. He got away with a few weeks in clink and a £65 fine. My son was lucky not to lose an eye, and his mate had to have an operation to remove glass shards from his neck. Beyond a feckin joke!!!

Illegal immigrant, 19, who posed as 15-year-old schoolboy exposed after stabbing two teenagers with a broken bottle | Mail Online Are these the ones?... 4 years and a deportation that will never happen and he'll be out in 2years or less

If that was my child I would not rest until there was a proper reckoning

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I haven't come close to killing anyone and certainly not pedestrians. The car is under your control and if you kill a child you should expect to be locked up for a long time IMO, except in exceptional circumstances. That includes when a child jumps out between cars, which should be expected. It doesn't need huge concentration, just less speed. I would say several years incarceration for killing a child is not enough.

I think it's mainly down to probability that you haven't run anyone over, and fewer people walk anywhere these days. Anecdotally, when I was a kid my dad hit a child that ran out into the road chasing a ball. Although we weren't going fast, probably no more than 20mph at the time, he hit his head on the bonnet and then the tarmac. He was taken to hospital unconscious with a broken arm. My father was distraught and we went to the hospital to see if he was OK. He later made a full recovery, but could easily have sustained a fatal injury. Had he done so I can't see how my Father should have been labelled a child killer, there aren't many slower and cautious drivers on the road, never had any points or speeding convictions and he's in his 70s. Nobody should be convicted for a random accident.

Now of course if someone is driving in a dangerous manner e.g. excessive speed in a built up area or driving without due care, even worse under drugs or alcohol then I can see why someone would want revenge be it legal or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    The parents who left their child to run out in the street.

Including the negligent parents?
    No, they have received punishment enough.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    The car is under your control and if you kill a child you should expect to be locked up for a long time IMO, except in exceptional circumstances. That includes when a child jumps out between cars, which should be expected. It doesn't need huge concentration, just less speed. I would say several years incarceration for killing a child is not enough.
    And what about the parents? How many years should they get for neglect resulting in the child's death?
    Whose parents and what have they done?
    The parents who left their child to run out in the street.

if you kill a child you should expect to be locked up for a long time
    Including the negligent parents?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    And what about the parents? How many years should they get for neglect resulting in the child's death?
    Whose parents and what have they done?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    How fast do you drive past parked cars? 10mph could kill a child if you don't see them.

Why is a child a special case? Is an adult worth less? What if the adult is an illegal immigrant?
    I drive as slow as I need to. Parked cars are always a slow down signal. To hit and kill someone at 20mph would require criminal inattention. No an adult is not worth less, neither is an immigrant legal or otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    The car is under your control and if you kill a child you should expect to be locked up for a long time IMO, except in exceptional circumstances. That includes when a child jumps out between cars, which should be expected. It doesn't need huge concentration, just less speed. I would say several years incarceration for killing a child is not enough.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I haven't come close to killing anyone and certainly not pedestrians. The car is under your control and if you kill a child you should expect to be locked up for a long time IMO, except in exceptional circumstances. That includes when a child jumps out between cars, which should be expected. It doesn't need huge concentration, just less speed. I would say several years incarceration for killing a child is not enough.
    How fast do you drive past parked cars? 10mph could kill a child if you don't see them.

Why is a child a special case? Is an adult worth less? What if the adult is an illegal immigrant?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It always seems very odd though the way these things work. Every single one of us has lost concentration driving at times, I'm certain. We've probably all had near misses where you have no time to think or react, and have passed a hairs-breadth from an accident.
    The fact a child is standing there at the wrong moment, does one momentary slip justify several years' incarceration? What does this achieve - you don't need to rehabilitated because to err is human.

Talking generalities here, not about this guy in particular. I find it hard to see why any accidental crime should really have punishment attached unless we agree it's simply for revenge. You're really punishing someone for foolishness or lack of thought, trying to place blame to make victims feel better.

Regarding what does jail achieve in this case. What does incarceration ever achieve. It's a punishment a deterrent, it takes people out of society and it is justice for the victim.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X