• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Charles and Camilla's Car Attacked"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    OMG! They killed Franz Ferdinand.

You bastards!

There are no current shows

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Actually, are there any science degree courses left?
    No.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Didn't the 1st World War start in similar circumstances?
    OMG! They killed Franz Ferdinand.

You bastards!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Didn't the 1st World War start in similar circumstances?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    I don't think so, it looks to me like it's still there.

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    From my understanding they thankfully made a bad job of it, hence the tree remains.
    They failed to set fire to a tree?

Students.

Feckin' useless.

I bet there wasn't a physics or chemistry undergrad there. They'd have burned it down.

Probably all humanities students. That'll be it.

Actually, are there any science degree courses left?

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Just imagine the fuss if the plod had actually shot a few.

Er.

Students.

Rather than the idle wastrels.

Er.

You know what I mean.
    I'd argue the point but Son is at Uni now so I can't really make the argument

According to his last communication he woke up bald, wearing nothing but a kilt.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    It was mentioned on the radio today, that car is apparently 50 years old.

Like others have posted I'm quite surprised that their protection detail didn't re-route the car so that the encounter was avoided.
    I haven't read this whole thread. But I thought the car took that route as the police with them were using a different radio frequency to the police dealing with the protesters.

Leave a comment:

• The_Equalizer
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    From my understanding they thankfully made a bad job of it, hence the tree remains.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Woopsie!

Worse, though: the protestors burned down the Xmas tree in Trafalgar Square - he one Norway gives us as a thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Money shot indeed - certainly a merry christmas for that snapper - assuming he was freelance with AP and not salaried
    Staff, I'm afraid. I heard him interviewed.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Let's face it, who would even want to poke the hideous old growler with anything other than a long stick?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    As to the reason for going that way: it sounds like the situation was pretty fluid, but even so they seem to have messed up. The photojournalist who took the "money shot" described the general context in The Grauniad.
    Money shot indeed - certainly a merry christmas for that snapper - assuming he was freelance with AP and not salaried

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Dumb arses Charles and Camilla initially thought the crowed were cheering them so they wound the window down and waved. Some of the crown shouted “off with their heads”.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Fair enough, I trust your investigative skills over some plank on the radio, 33 is a tad less than 50

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    It was mentioned on the radio today, that car is apparently 50 years old.

Like others have posted I'm quite surprised that their protection detail didn't re-route the car so that the encounter was avoided.
    1977 Phantom VI. I'm pretty sure 1977 wasn't fifty years ago. If it was, I'm older than I think

As to the reason for going that way: it sounds like the situation was pretty fluid, but even so they seem to have messed up. The photojournalist who took the "money shot" described the general context in The Grauniad.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X