• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Confrontation in the gym last night!"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's not a persecution complex if it actually happens. In the last few days, I'd say a half-dozen threads have had the situation some poster randomly insults me based on my faith after an argument or even out of the blue. Generally I read it that the poster hasn't got a decent comeback, mostly it's posters who are unfamiliar with debate and consider crude insults an argument winning tool.
    I saw what you did there.

Ok, you win.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Are you sure you're not Jewish?

You've got the old persecution complex down to a "T", that and the mentioning of "Rules" when it suits.
    It's not a persecution complex if it actually happens. In the last few days, I'd say a half-dozen threads have had the situation some poster randomly insults me based on my faith after an argument or even out of the blue. Generally I read it that the poster hasn't got a decent comeback, mostly it's posters who are unfamiliar with debate and consider crude insults an argument winning tool.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    OK, fair enough. Just as long as you know he seems to be running some vendetta.
    Someone called?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I was sat on a bus in Ibiza last summer when these young loud party go-er types got on and sat behind a couple of elderly people. One of the youths began mouthing off loudly, shouting and effing almost directly into the ear of one of the elderly people, one of whom eventually turned around and said "oi". This stimulated the miscreant to start kicking off even more and make fun of the old bloke. The elderly couple were getting increasingly upset buy this, which appeared to please one of the kids no end, with his 3 mates mostly just laughing. The wife moved to another seat, followed by the gent. I was watching and wondering whether I should intervene. I could easily and most probably would make things much worse and I had little doubt that I would the one who gets locked up. And anyway I thought, why don't the normal youths of a similar age sitting behind the miscreants do or say something? Everyone was ignoring what was going on! Anyway, after he'd had his fun, the miscreant told the old bloke there were no hard feelings and got off the bus. Hmm.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I think they cut him some slack because they feel sorry for him.
    Are you sure you're not Jewish?

You've got the old persecution complex down to a "T", that and the mentioning of "Rules" when it suits.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Or not.
    I think they cut him some slack because they feel sorry for him.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Why should I, it's against board rules.
    Or not.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    WWJD?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    You do realise that thread was created as a thinly veiled shot at me personally, in response to my post above?
    It could well have been. But it's a standalone debate in itself worth having. Yet again. Albeit, in this case, without actual debating points or properly constructed arguments so far, as kandr pointed out.

Anyway I'd rather have such flaming confined to one thread specifically set aside for it than all over the place disrupting other topics and making it even harder to follow any logic that may make itself manifest to those who choose to put themselves through the ordeal.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Live with it.
    Why should I, it's against board rules.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You are one of the most troll like posters on here
    Do provide evidence to support that. It's not trolling to say what you think, if you read my posts you'll find my opinions are consistent.
    It is trolling when you can't even remember what side it is you claim to agree with in a debate.

MF: what did you post that got wiped? PM if you want, I won't cry

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You do realise that thread was created as a thinly veiled shot at me personally, in response to my post above?
    Live with it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Sas - d000hg has a point. For the benefit of the congregation, please try to restrict such flaming to the thread you created for this purpose - it makes it easier for us to keep track of, or avoid, as we see fit.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Is making personal attacks at me based on my faith what passes for wit in your book?
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Point 1: I reserve the right to make fun of anyone who has irrational beliefs e.g. having "faith". HTH.
    Sas - d000hg has a point. For the benefit of the congregation, please try to restrict such flaming to the thread you created for this purpose - it makes it easier for us to keep track of, or avoid, as we see fit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X