• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Julian Assange commits suicide"

Collapse

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Whereas Cryptome is not out to make money:

DVDs. By $25 or more generous donation for two DVDs of the Cryptome 14.5-years archive from June 1996 to November 2010.
    or even receive money.

How to Donate

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    How about that, it must be true, i read it off the internet. An article written by Andrew Orlowski whose criticisms also include:

Mockery of Wikipedia

Criticism of anthropogenic climate change

Criticism of the Open Rights Group and peer-to-peer

Sounds like he's the one out for profit here.

Mea culpa, I didn't spot Orlowski as the author. Nevertheless that bit about WIkileaks raising $5 million in its first year did make me wonder.

He sounds like a top researcher.
    Ah, Ed Bott... The man who gave us Everything you wanted to know about BCDEdit.

I don't know who his intended audience is, but that article didn't help me in the least when I was struggling with BCDEDIT the other week. There's far more to the utility than setting the default boot option. Not impressed.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    How about that, it must be true, i read it off the internet. An article written by Andrew Orlowski whose criticisms also include:

Mockery of Wikipedia

Criticism of anthropogenic climate change

Criticism of the Open Rights Group and peer-to-peer

Sounds like he's the one out for profit here.

He sounds like a top researcher.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 7 December 2010, 16:16.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Agreed. In fact I used to work at one of the so called secret locations. Sod all secret about it; there for everybody to know. The US is just throwing it's toys out of the pram.
    Wikileaks are for-hire mercenaries - Cryptome

Wikileaks has always been a commercial enterprise hiding behind a narcissistic "public interest" PR, says Cryptome operator John Young in a scathing critique of the site.

From the earliest discussions, Young alleges, Wikileaks intended to pimp out the information for funds.

"Well, it only came up in the topic of raising $5 million the first year. That was the first red flag that I heard about. I thought that they were actually a public interest group up until then, but as soon as I heard that, I know that they were a criminal organisation.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Chantho View Post
    The Mash are sort of in agreement with this thread

Link
    Sir Paul dismissed claims that the arrest was political but admitted international warrants were controversial and that it would have been more efficient to use the British system of pretending Mr Assange is a Brazilian electrician.
    <--- yep, I know, I'm going straight to hell.

Leave a comment:

• Chantho
    replied
    The Mash are sort of in agreement with this thread

Link

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    To him it's worth it. He gets all the attention he desires. Plus, the sheep think he's a hero.
    Sheep? Why has he revealed corruption in the wool Market?

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Hope he gets fairly treated, all he has done is reveal corruption and lies within the diplomatic scene, something to be applauded.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Assange has been arrested following his meeting with the Metropolitan Police.
    BBC News - Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Nothing sensitive about the assets mentioned. All available via Google Earth.
    Agreed. In fact I used to work at one of the so called secret locations. Sod all secret about it; there for everybody to know. The US is just throwing it's toys out of the pram.

Only a matter of time before someone comes knocking on his door with a scented chloroform tissue, a holdall and a padlock.

Basically we're all @£$@£5^ so get under your bed and don't come out.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 7 December 2010, 09:59.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Is it all worth it ? He has been on the run for the past few years, does not have a fixed address for more than a few days, uses cash all the time, has to look over this shoulder every minute, speaks in whispers to stop any CIA agent hearing him etc etc. He was in Iceland for a while, seems SE England is his current hideout.
    To him it's worth it. He gets all the attention he desires. Plus, the sheep think he's a hero.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Is it all worth it ? He has been on the run for the past few years, does not have a fixed address for more than a few days, uses cash all the time, has to look over this shoulder every minute, speaks in whispers to stop any CIA agent hearing him etc etc. He was in Iceland for a while, seems SE England is his current hideout.
    Sounds like HAB dodging the tax man.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Just that footage of the photojournalist & others being machine-gunned by the helicopter gunship (plus the rescuers of the injured and their children) made it worthwhile.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Agreed. Free speech is something that ought to be defended, but with it comes some responsibility;

e.g. don't shout "Fire" in a cinema,

or reveal sensitive asset locations.
    Nothing sensitive about the assets mentioned. All available via Google Earth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X