• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Julian Assange commits suicide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Is it all worth it ? He has been on the run for the past few years, does not have a fixed address for more than a few days, uses cash all the time, has to look over this shoulder every minute, speaks in whispers to stop any CIA agent hearing him etc etc. He was in Iceland for a while, seems SE England is his current hideout.
    Sounds like HAB dodging the tax man.

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Is it all worth it ? He has been on the run for the past few years, does not have a fixed address for more than a few days, uses cash all the time, has to look over this shoulder every minute, speaks in whispers to stop any CIA agent hearing him etc etc. He was in Iceland for a while, seems SE England is his current hideout.
      To him it's worth it. He gets all the attention he desires. Plus, the sheep think he's a hero.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Nothing sensitive about the assets mentioned. All available via Google Earth.
        Agreed. In fact I used to work at one of the so called secret locations. Sod all secret about it; there for everybody to know. The US is just throwing it's toys out of the pram.

Only a matter of time before someone comes knocking on his door with a scented chloroform tissue, a holdall and a padlock.

Basically we're all @£$@£5^ so get under your bed and don't come out.
        Last edited by scooterscot; 7 December 2010, 09:59.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Assange has been arrested following his meeting with the Metropolitan Police.
          BBC News - Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

Comment

Hope he gets fairly treated, all he has done is reveal corruption and lies within the diplomatic scene, something to be applauded.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              To him it's worth it. He gets all the attention he desires. Plus, the sheep think he's a hero.
              Sheep? Why has he revealed corruption in the wool Market?

Comment

The Mash are sort of in agreement with this thread

Link
                If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Originally posted by Chantho View Post
                  The Mash are sort of in agreement with this thread

Link
                  Sir Paul dismissed claims that the arrest was political but admitted international warrants were controversial and that it would have been more efficient to use the British system of pretending Mr Assange is a Brazilian electrician.
                  <--- yep, I know, I'm going straight to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Agreed. In fact I used to work at one of the so called secret locations. Sod all secret about it; there for everybody to know. The US is just throwing it's toys out of the pram.
                    Wikileaks are for-hire mercenaries - Cryptome

Wikileaks has always been a commercial enterprise hiding behind a narcissistic "public interest" PR, says Cryptome operator John Young in a scathing critique of the site.

From the earliest discussions, Young alleges, Wikileaks intended to pimp out the information for funds.

"Well, it only came up in the topic of raising $5 million the first year. That was the first red flag that I heard about. I thought that they were actually a public interest group up until then, but as soon as I heard that, I know that they were a criminal organisation.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

How about that, it must be true, i read it off the internet. An article written by Andrew Orlowski whose criticisms also include:

Mockery of Wikipedia

Criticism of anthropogenic climate change

Criticism of the Open Rights Group and peer-to-peer

Sounds like he's the one out for profit here.

He sounds like a top researcher.
                      Last edited by scooterscot; 7 December 2010, 16:16.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X