• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: OU Degree

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "OU Degree"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Electronic for my undergrad yes. Not overly relevant for Geology I'd be the first to admit

If I wanted to study for something which would be professionally valuable then an MBA would be it, but I'm not that motivated.

Odds are I couldn't find the time to dedicate to do justice to an OU degree.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I knew several people on Mining Engineering degrees at North Staffs Poly (ok Stafford Uni for those that think that changing Poly's to fake Uni's was a great idea), I wouldn't have called that a simple degree.
    Mech and electrical engineering to a high standard plus they had geology and various other bits and bobs including the safety stuff which seemed pretty taxing with legal gubbins.

I've toyed with the idea of doing an OU degree in Geology for my own interest, but I doubt I'd have the time to dedicate to it, how much credit do you get for existing (albeit totally unrelated) undergrad and post grad degrees?
    Do you have a degree in Engineering?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Her wealth is estimated to be about $250 million. Deep enough sir?
    Money isn't everything! (yeah right)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Pah. How shallow to mention her backside! I'd never do that!
    Her wealth is estimated to be about $250 million. Deep enough sir?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Pah. How shallow to mention her backside! I'd never do that!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I've never understood all the fuss about Jennifer Lopez. She's nothing special.
    No, she's nothing special, but her backside...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
    I worked for a national company and one of the directors had a degree in Tin Mining.

So if you want to be a director any old degree will do
    I knew several people on Mining Engineering degrees at North Staffs Poly (ok Stafford Uni for those that think that changing Poly's to fake Uni's was a great idea), I wouldn't have called that a simple degree.
    Mech and electrical engineering to a high standard plus they had geology and various other bits and bobs including the safety stuff which seemed pretty taxing with legal gubbins.

I've toyed with the idea of doing an OU degree in Geology for my own interest, but I doubt I'd have the time to dedicate to it, how much credit do you get for existing (albeit totally unrelated) undergrad and post grad degrees?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I didn't know you could cook
    I sure can.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    For sure. If I ever consider internet dating, I now know how my profile will read, at least.
    I didn't know you could cook

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Well you can't be too picky if you want her to cook and be filthy.
    For sure. If I ever consider internet dating, I now know how my profile will read, at least.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Just 'legs'?
    Well you can't be too picky if you want her to cook and be filthy.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Perky tits, legs, long flaxen hair, cooking skills and a good "technique".

Rich, ageing parents are a bonus.
    Just 'legs'?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I do apologise for detouring a sensible and educated thread into bottom conversations again. I won't mention them again on CUK for at least 5 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    But isn't she supposed to have a huge bum? What else matters in a woman?
    Perky tits, legs, long flaxen hair, cooking skills and a good "technique".

Rich, ageing parents are a bonus.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I recall doing the Illiad in Latin lessons, it was interesting, although the Latin turned me off somewhat.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X