• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OU Degree

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a suitable fee I can sell you my degree certificate, I don't need it any more.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Agreed.

If you're thinking about doing OU and you work full time make sure you are going to really enjoy the subject area otherwise you will probably give up. Getting home at 7pm after a long day and crap traffic can really demotivate you from getting the books out, unless you really want to do it for pleasure.

In answer to Minestrone about why do a degree at this age. For me it is the academic rigour that has to be applied. I'm interested, nay obessed, with the Classical world and have been reading about it for years. Having to do assignments, attend tutorials, revise for exams etc makes me really dig down into it instead of page flipping to my favourite bits.

For example take Homers Iliad, I've read it a few times and have enjoyed the story. Since however having to do some serious work on it I have seen it in a different and infact more glorious light.
      I only did the last 1.5 years of my BSc with OU due to circumstances and not by choice; family business had gone under in one of those nasty recession thingies and there wasn't the money to study full time.

What really did benefit me is the PGDip; postgraduate diplomas on the OU in work related subjects are worthwhile and very applicable to work. Now though, I'm doing geology on the OU for the intellectual development and because I find it interesting. I do study, but at the slowest allowable pace as believe it or not, I have a life outside of CUK!
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I've never understood all the fuss about Jennifer Lopez. She's nothing special.
        But isn't she supposed to have a huge bum? What else matters in a woman?
        bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Ah well, at least you're aware of your ignorance.
          Shakespeare? You heard of that bloke?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Size 16 arse.

Hubba Hubba.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              Shakespeare? You heard of that bloke?
              Heard of his sister, didn't know that he had seen MIM though.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I recall doing the Illiad in Latin lessons, it was interesting, although the Latin turned me off somewhat.
                bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Perky tits, legs, long flaxen hair, cooking skills and a good "technique".

Rich, ageing parents are a bonus.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I do apologise for detouring a sensible and educated thread into bottom conversations again. I won't mention them again on CUK for at least 5 minutes.
                    bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                      Perky tits, legs, long flaxen hair, cooking skills and a good "technique".

Rich, ageing parents are a bonus.
                      Just 'legs'?
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X