• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Boomed - but hope I've made the right choice"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    I'm thinking of buying a caravan. I know somewhere where I can stay for £5 a night with hook up, bog and shower. By the time I come to sell it it will be spring & I should get more than I paid with any luck.
    Dont move into lodgings. thats my advice.

I know this bloke right. lovely guy. ended up spending a blooming fortune on rasberries and raw prawns. still it all came right in the end for him

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You can rent it out to CUKkers for their lavish summer holidays.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    where will you stay ? accomodation may be the main problem

I'm thinking of buying a caravan. I know somewhere where I can stay for £5 a night with hook up, bog and shower. By the time I come to sell it it will be spring & I should get more than I paid with any luck.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It paid off. Just got a 3 month extension to April 22nd.
    where will you stay ? accomodation may be the main problem

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    It paid off. Just got a 3 month extension to April 22nd.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    replied
    Well, thank-you for the kind words.

Oddly enough, I quite like being in this situation; means I have to really step up to the plate as opposed to being in a comfort zone where there is a tendency to rest on one's laurels.

Just need to work on not being such a miserable sod first thing in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Firstly, Congratulations.

Secondly, Let's hope that the risk & reward pays off in the long term.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    He who dares Rodders, he who dares.

Best of luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Change favours the prepared mind and all that... congratulations

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Got 2 offers at once last week; one for a local contract for 6 months but money poor and it's also a 3rd line support role so potentially quite dull.

Other role is non commutable and initially just for 2 months but money is £100 a day better & I'm involved in development work.

I chose the latter. Sick of playing it safe.
    Good luck with it. You never know, there may be an extension offered after XMas.

Leave a comment:

• wurzel
    started a topic Boomed - but hope I've made the right choice

Boomed - but hope I've made the right choice

Got 2 offers at once last week; one for a local contract for 6 months but money poor and it's also a 3rd line support role so potentially quite dull.

Other role is non commutable and initially just for 2 months but money is £100 a day better & I'm involved in development work.

I chose the latter. Sick of playing it safe.

Working...
X