• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The latest Rate Poll for 2010"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Who you calling a member?
    How much does your member earn you per day?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I heard there were some sites specifically set up to provide this data, which weren't just based on CUK members.
    Who you calling a member?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I heard there were some sites specifically set up to provide this data, which weren't just based on CUK members.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    so you want me to guess my average daily rate, based upon what I believe I may or may not earn so far this year and in the future with a conversion to GBP based upon today's rate...

what's the point in that, it's half made up of pie in the sky figures??
    we only have 4-5 weeks left in the year for God's sake!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    1) i'd go for 500, this is only approximate, i didnt want to put a 499.99 for every entry.
    Lazy f###er

2) GBP since this is a UK forum
    prejudiced too

3) Convert to GBP
    google then

4) Estimate
    how the feck do I know who I'll be working with between now and year end??

5) Daily rate.
    so you want me to guess my average daily rate, based upon what I believe I may or may not earn so far this year and in the future with a conversion to GBP based upon today's rate...

what's the point in that, it's half made up of pie in the sky figures??

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Not everything has to be the most useful exercise. It can just be a bit of fun or just give you a general idea. We aren't all old boring grandpa's.
    Oh yes we are.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    You did the poll about benched time as well didn't you? Is there a reason for all these? To see some pretty bars and dream about earning this and look forward to next year with a spring in your step. Apart from that I can't really see the use of these at all. Random set of people who put anything down across every contracting role you can think of so no bearing on your individual circumstance and not knowing how much bench time is considered in this average. Not the most useful exercise if you are looking to get something out of these IMO.
    Not everything has to be the most useful exercise. It can just be a bit of fun or just give you a general idea. We aren't all old boring grandpa's.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    1) let's say for example that my avergae rate for the year has been a consistent 500, would I tick the 450 - 500 or 500- 550 ?
    2) is this in GBP or EUR or USD or something else?
    3) given that excange rates fluctuate, how do you propose I measure my average yearly rate?
    4) how am I supposed to know what I will earn between now and year end?
    5) is this billed amount to date or actual paid amount?
    1) i'd go for 500, this is only approximate, i didnt want to put a 499.99 for every entry.
    2) GBP since this is a UK forum
    3) Convert to GBP
    4) Estimate
    5) Daily rate.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Here's your christmas present wish

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Excluding benched time unless you have been benched most of the year (in which case would be first option).

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Umm many issues..

1) let's say for example that my average rate for the year has been a consistent 500, would I tick the 450 - 500 or 500- 550 ?
    2) is this in GBP or EUR or USD or something else?
    3) given that excange rates fluctuate, how do you propose I measure my average yearly rate as I've been paid in Euro's?
    4) how am I supposed to know what I will earn between now and year end?
    5) is this billed amount to date or actual paid amount?
    Last edited by chef; 22 November 2010, 14:25.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You did the poll about benched time as well didn't you? Is there a reason for all these? To see some pretty bars and dream about earning this and look forward to next year with a spring in your step. Apart from that I can't really see the use of these at all. Random set of people who put anything down across every contracting role you can think of so no bearing on your individual circumstance and not knowing how much bench time is considered in this average. Not the most useful exercise if you are looking to get something out of these IMO.
    At least it's vaguely contractor related....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by kandr View Post
    Lesson one: Sample Size.

Should be roughly 10% of the universe.
    I thought a random sample of roughly 1000 got you within 1% accuracy, which is what Mori and all those pollsters work to.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Is this the average for days worked, or the average with bench time included?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X