• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Still alive.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Still alive."

Collapse

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Well done!

Now you just need everyone to follow the link and click on the up thumb.
    If you follow the link you can buy a Wet Norman t-shirt or mug.

That would generate some interesting conversation for coffee break at clientco!

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Good news on the 'wet norman' front. I've had an email from the editors of urbandictionary:
    Well done!

1. wet norman

A combination of felching and watersports
    Phone xxxxx on xxxxxxxxxx between 1 and 2 p.m. Watersports or felching. No wet normans
    by New Old Greg Nov 3, 2010
    Now you just need everyone to follow the link and click on the up thumb.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I think I might try to have a day where I try to get as many UD phrases into sentences as possible.
    UD-OD-day

Will try to get in urbandictionary...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Have a peek at 'plaster' on urbandictionary.
    I think I might try to have a day where I try to get as many UD phrases into sentences as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Everything sounds rude in this thread now...
    Have a peek at 'plaster' on urbandictionary.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    plastering the lounge
    Everything sounds rude in this thread now...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Is there? I only know of one.
    When you're back at home and firewall free (or on smartphone), check out the link...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    How confusing. There are 3 meanings for Gulch: Urban Dictionary: gulch which one is it? Suggest we don't do a poll.
    Is there? I only know of one.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Thank you. I'm thinking that we should declare 2011 to be International Year of the Wet Norman.
    Fairy nuff.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I will need to check my data, but I'm fairly certain that 2011 has already been earmarked as International Year Of The Gulch.
    How confusing. There are 3 meanings for Gulch: Urban Dictionary: gulch which one is it? Suggest we don't do a poll.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Thank you. I'm thinking that we should declare 2011 to be International Year of the Wet Norman.
    I will need to check my data, but I'm fairly certain that 2011 has already been earmarked as International Year Of The Gulch.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by kandr View Post
    I have patented the phrase every mention pays me 10p
    I'm having you prosecuted for causing emotional distress. Send us an update on current penal practice vis-a-vis stormin norman.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    I have patented the phrase every mention pays me 10p

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    You have my utmost respect.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Good news on the 'wet norman' front. I've had an email from the editors of urbandictionary:

'Thanks for your definition of wet norman!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to publish it on urbandictionary.com.

It should appear on this page in the next few days:
    Urban Dictionary: wet norman

Urban Dictionary

-----

wet norman

A combination of felching and watersports

Phone xxxxx on xxxxxxxxxx between 1 and 2 p.m. Watersports or felching. No wet normans.'
    You have my utmost respect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X