• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Harshly scored intelligence test"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Threaded has probably handed over the source code for the tests (which he wrote, of course) to an assistant, to be redesigned so that he can take all 12 tests at the same time.
    I'm not sure anyone would want to claim credit for the source code. Those little Flex mini-games can be knocked out by any Bob PDQ.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Threaded has probably handed over the source code for the tests (which he wrote, of course) to an assistant, to be redesigned so that he can take all 12 tests at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    I really want to see Threaded's take on this.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You failed the test Casual cheating is more or less easy for different tests. Come on, you can't figure how to cheat at a memory-based test?
    Oh, I see. I may have glanced at my pen the first time the numbers came up, but I didn't follow through.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How do you cheat?
    You failed the test Casual cheating is more or less easy for different tests. Come on, you can't figure how to cheat at a memory-based test?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Ha, I got a 90 this time round. And a 3.

Actually, I wonder how many people have cheated... I'm tempted to just to see what results it gives me. Anyone else tried that yet?
    How do you cheat?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ha, I got a 90 this time round. And a 3.

Actually, I wonder how many people have cheated... I'm tempted to just to see what results it gives me. Anyone else tried that yet?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    My 12 results, in order of the tests 1 - 12.

37.3 ("in the top x%")

Must admit it was a more interesting test than normal, thanks OP.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    The ones with lives, I can't remember but does your score go down when you lose a life? I keep getting the case I pass on 6, fail on 7, round and round. I wondered if you can strategise based on having an odd number of lives.

First time round, I figured it was about thoughtfully considering questions... 2nd time round I realised speed was much more a big deal. Shame you have to register a new email to start over IIRC, and they didn't seem to send me an email with results.
    Yeah, I wondered whether it would be better to stick with 6 or 7 on one or two of them, rather than risk an almost certain hit in getting it wrong on the next round near when the time is running out.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    they didn't seem to send me an email with results.
    Nor me.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I'm not convinced where they get their averages from, an 'average joe' would struggle to even understand the questions in some cases. Or is average of those who participated?

Best was top 6%. Worst was 'top' 84%.
    Probably the average of the folks who have taken the test.

I barely understood the tokens in the boxes question (10?), but still managed just above average.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Take a screen print? Which one's that? I think the one I would have most trouble improving on its the squares without numbers, where you have to remember the order they light up. 5 is about my max unless a nice pattern shows up. Many of the others are trainable or techniques could be used IMO. Also, I didn't get around to seeing how they score it. For example is it better to risk guessing incorrectly using little time, or to take longer and improve the chances of being right?
    The ones with lives, I can't remember but does your score go down when you lose a life? I keep getting the case I pass on 6, fail on 7, round and round. I wondered if you can strategise based on having an odd number of lives.

First time round, I figured it was about thoughtfully considering questions... 2nd time round I realised speed was much more a big deal. Shame you have to register a new email to start over IIRC, and they didn't seem to send me an email with results.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I cannot do 4/12, I just see lots of patterns. I wish it would give me the answers.
    I only got top 12.7% in that, but I think what you're missing is a "last man standing standing" strategy. Some of them just pair up, triple up etc, and you're often left with one that doesn't match up to any other.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I had another go this morning and my scores have improved a bit. Best was top 2.6% on the coloured words test, where I didn't get a single one wrong, I just need to work on speed a bit. From being my worst the first time, it's now my best. Worst was visual attention, although I did well in that the first time.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I cannot do 4/12, I just see lots of patterns. I wish it would give me the answers.
    Take a screen print? Which one's that? I think the one I would have most trouble improving on its the squares without numbers, where you have to remember the order they light up. 5 is about my max unless a nice pattern shows up. Many of the others are trainable or techniques could be used IMO. Also, I didn't get around to seeing how they score it. For example is it better to risk guessing incorrectly using little time, or to take longer and improve the chances of being right?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X