• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top 100 contractor traits."

Collapse

• Shimano105
    replied
    66. Working 4 days a week from home whilst having a 'double-bubble' going with another client

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    54. Wearing devil-may-care shoes when all the permies are wearing black flatties.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Funny cause it's true.
    However, I still try and kid myself that it's down to my natural good looks and charm and not the £14k invoice they've just entered into the system
    It's the invoice... trust me

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    At past ClientCo, we shared the kitchen with Finance. A few of the ladies in Finance were really friendly and chatty and I used to gossip with them in there when making tea. It was really nice.
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    However, I still try and kid myself that it's down to my natural good looks and charm and not the £14k invoice they've just entered into the system

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    11. Seeing how "friendly" the young and pretty girls at client co are when someone tells them you earn £500 a day.
    Funny cause it's true.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    13 Can handle updates of 100,000s of records and/or debug millions of lines of code. Yet forget what he/she's doing tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Interwank? That makes a 360 degree assessment a circle jerk.

Or we could all play Numberwank!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    73.26q - Managing to avoid the annual farcical inter-, what?..... Oh it's forced inter-ranking.

Anyway, you're out of the performance and objectives BS.
    Interwank? That makes a 360 degree assessment a circle jerk.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    11. Seeing how "friendly" the young and pretty girls at client co are when someone tells them you earn £500 a day.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    73.26q - Managing to avoid the annual farcical inter-, what?..... Oh it's forced inter-ranking.

Anyway, you're out of the performance and objectives BS.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    4F. Ability to work while wearing soiled underwear
    50. Frightening Margaret on a daily basis
    51. Skirting frivolously with borderline alcoholism while coding for a deadline
    52. Knowing where all the good grumble is - and being able to watch it during worktime
    53. Taking a 12 hour lunch break

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    10 print "invoice"
    20 goto 10
    The Bank of England have a similar application in operation, with "invoice" being replaced by "pounds"; I believe it was commissioned by a Mr G Brown.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    10 print "invoice"
    20 goto 10

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    They have a choice or
    Is that a hitchhiker, thumbing for a lift, ah that is quite good.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    0. Pretending you're not.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X