• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Five ways to cut risk of bowel cancer"

Collapse

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Becoming more vegan and eating less meat may become the new global warming, as earth's resources further dwindle as the undeveloped world grows richer.
    It already is. What is this "wheat" stuff for? Oh, it's because there are already too many of us to survive on the meat and veg diet that we evolved to eat.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Six ways.

+ avoid being bu&&ered.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    On all those measures I should be fairly healthy although they don't mention the risk involved in constantly ramming large household objects up it in the pursuit of sexual gratification.
    Odd that they should leave such a salient item out.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Stinging nettles are pretty good eating apparently. They contain a lot of vitamins and are packed with protein. They do have to be cooked though.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    On all those measures I should be fairly healthy although they don't mention the risk involved in constantly ramming large household objects up it in the pursuit of sexual gratification.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    On average I eat about 5 or 6 bananas and one tomato per day.

Bananas are great because they don't make you fat.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Has anyone here ever met a vegan/vegetarian that has lived to a ripe old age? Don't think I have.
    Serious question by the way.
    Pass. Mortality statistics are classified in the public interest.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Has anyone here ever met a vegan/vegetarian that has lived to a ripe old age? Don't think I have.
    I am friends with one vegetarian, I reckon she's pretty healthy. Has to take iron supplements though, which makes her poop black.

I wouldn't associate with a vegan.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Becoming more vegan and eating less meat may become the new global warming, as earth's resources further dwindle as the undeveloped world grows richer.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If nature did not mean for us to eat meat, we would not have been designed with teeth for chewing it, and it would not taste so darn good.
    Veggies take note!!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post

BTW ISTR that colon cancer is much more common in S than in N India: in the N they eat much more meat. Obvious conclusion: meat is good
    If nature did not mean for us to eat meat, we would not have been designed with teeth for chewing it, and it would not taste so darn good.
    Veggies take note!!

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    There's a chart here which shows, what I assume is, a rate for various cancers in the developed and developing world. Making a sweeping and unjustified assumption that the developing world has a more vegan diet, the following erroneous conclusion can be drawn: Colon and rectal cancer is less prevalent in developing vegetarians, in accord with the above study, but stomach, oesophagus and liver rates are huge. Therefore in conclusion, all that spicy food they stick in their food is rotting their insides, exactly as one might expect.
    Good point. Presumably that hot spicy sensation (i.e. pain) on eating spicy food is the effect of the spice plants' defence mechanisms against being eaten. It's trying to tell your body something.

BTW ISTR that colon cancer is much more common in S than in N India: in the N they eat much more meat. Obvious conclusion: meat is good

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There's a chart here which shows, what I assume is, a rate for various cancers in the developed and developing world. Making a sweeping and unjustified assumption that the developing world has a more vegan diet, the following erroneous conclusion can be drawn: Colon and rectal cancer is less prevalent in developing vegetarians, in accord with the above study, but stomach, oesophagus and liver rates are huge. Therefore in conclusion, all that spicy food they stick in their food is rotting their insides, exactly as one might expect.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Not having it in the family is pretty handy too.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Get exactly 12 megajoules a week of energy and you will live forever... remember you heard it on here first!
    Plug yourself in, knock yourself out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X