• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Ruined

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ruined"

Collapse

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Probably about a load of timewasting postings in contractorin.com.
    Lazy gits! maybe if they spent less time on the internet they would be under less competition from the Chinese!

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    they seem to spend a lot of time arguing with each other , cant understand what they are saying though so hard to tell wether its work related or not
    Probably about a load of timewasting postings in contractorin.com.

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    they seem to spend a lot of time arguing with each other , cant understand what they are saying though so hard to tell wether its work related or not

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    They are getting better, I have worked with 2 in the last year that seem decent.

However I have worked with some, many actually who should really be sweeping floors in KFC. Seriously useless, dangerous in fact.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Eastern European & Asian I have had some good experience with...I thought the thread was explicitly to do with Indians
    India is in Asia you dolt.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    If they aren't better than us yet, they soon will be.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    They always seemed pretty good where I was although this agreement is completely wrong as it can't be reciprocal in practice.

Even if India lifts all the restrictions it has had until now, how many companies there will actually recruit Brits and how many would actually want to go if they did? The pay our people would get there would hardly provide much of a nest egg here, while our higher wages which they send back, to the detriment of our economy, do them very nicely given their lower cost of living.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Not that I know of... what is it?

Either unlucky, or all your clients have delegated the hiring and management of offshore resources to an offshore company.
    Any company that outsources any project and doesn't keep a close involvement is looking to fail. That's just common sense.

I've certainly come across good Asian & Eastern European developers. But I wouldn't allow an offshore PM I never met to manage them.
    Eastern European & non- Indian Asians I have had some good experience with...I thought the thread was explicitly to do with Indians
    Last edited by Troll; 15 October 2010, 13:32. Reason: clarity for the hard of thinking

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Are you a Gupta d000hg?
    Not that I know of... what is it?

Over the years I've worked with krap,good & brilliant UK nationals

Without exception all the Indian imports - on or offshore fall into the krap category

My client base is always blue chip - so you would have expected at some stage over the last decade to have come across some good ones - or have I just been unlucky?
    Either unlucky, or all your clients have delegated the hiring and management of offshore resources to an offshore company.
    Any company that outsources any project and doesn't keep a close involvement is looking to fail. That's just common sense.

I've certainly come across good Asian & Eastern European developers. But I wouldn't allow an offshore PM I never met to manage them.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    This thread needed some racism to spice it up, well done for stepping up
    Quite. Next thing we know, he'll be blaming the bedbug epidemic on the Indians!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    This thread needed some racism to spice it up, well done for stepping up

As I always say, your company should spend more time finding the good offshore developers - they do exist. The problem is they aren't as cheap, the top-notch guys anyhow.
    Are you a Gupta d000hg?

Over the years I've worked with krap,good & brilliant UK nationals

Without exception all the Indian imports - on or offshore fall into the krap category

My client base is always blue chip - so you would have expected at some stage over the last decade to have come across some good ones - or have I just been unlucky?
    Last edited by Troll; 15 October 2010, 11:48. Reason: arse

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Contracting is dead, seriously. I'm in an office filled with bobs on 18 grand a year. They may be shoite but management would rather hire 5 of them to the one of me.
    I wouldn't say its dead... but I would hate to be an unexperienced graduate trying to get into IT right now.
    What this means in the future is that we'll have an ever shrinking pool of home grown talent.

There will always be work for experienced, good quality contractors and at a decent rate too.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Does anyone else keep getting spam Bob emails offering web design, SEO etc written very badly, sent from hotmail/gmail/yahoo addresses with &*&$ing read receipts!?
    I like to use a mail client that lets me decide whether the read receipt gets sent or not.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Does anyone else keep getting spam Bob emails offering web design, SEO etc written very badly, sent from hotmail/gmail/yahoo addresses with &*&$ing read receipts!?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    scumbags.
    they should eat them like us civilised westerners
    I agree. Sorry about the edit by the way.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X