• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Christmas Shindig: Wizard Idea"

Collapse

• Hill Station Murthy
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    So, who are the current members of the Swindon posse?
    I am in Swindon

I am living in Beckhampton Street just behind the Holiday Inn Express so I could make it. Let me know the venue.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I'm not a laydee

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Please do not use that word
    You are quite right Dodgy. The collective noun for a group of cowboys is of course Agency

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Yeah, I'll sort the gear out for the Isle Of Bute crowd

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I thought you liked the wild west?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    I am sure the Swindon Massive will take great delight in showing you just what you can do with your lap top and web cam!

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    A cowboy is riding across the plains of the old west, when he is captured by Indians. The tribe puts him on trial for crimes against the Indian Nation, and he is found guilty. "You have been sentenced to death," said the Chief, "but, as is our custom, you have three wishes to make as your last requests."

The cowboy thought for a minute and said, "Well, for my first wish, I'll need my horse." "Give him his horse," said the Chief. The cowboy whispered something into the horses ear, and the horse took off like a shot across the prairie. Twenty minutes later, the horse returned with a beautiful blonde woman on it's back. The cowboy looked at this, shrugged his shoulders, and helped the young lady off the horse. He then took her into the woods and had his way with her.

"Second wish," said the Chief. "I'll need my horse again," said the cowboy. "Give him his horse," said the Chief. Once again, the cowboy whispered into the horse's ear, and once again the horse rode off over the prairie. Thirty minutes later, the horse returned with a beautiful red-head on it's back. The cowboy looked up and shrugged, helped the young lady off the horse, and went into the woods; same as before.

"This is your last wish," said the Chief, " make it a good one." "I'll need my horse again." "Give him his horse," said the Chief. The cowboy grabbed each side of the horse's head, and put his face right up to the horse's.

"I SAID POSSE!!!!!!!"

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    If you are in Swindon you can make it to London for the main meet (although at the moment it looks like me, MF and a bevy of ladies so on second thoughts....)
    I'm not a laydee

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    If you are in Swindon you can make it to London for the main meet (although at the moment it looks like me, MF and a bevy of ladies so on second thoughts....)

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I've had a wheeze for our Christmas Shindig.

Instead of all this deliberation over the venue for the celebration I think I've worked out a way in which we can keep it regional and all be together at the same time.

What I propose is that a nominated CUKer from each region be responsible for furnishing their group with a laptop pc replete with a webcam and WiFi/mobile internet capabilities. Then, at regular intervals through the evening, we can all link up in a hands across the ocean / last night of the proms type scenario.

I'm guessing the Swindon posse will be myself, Churchie, Pogle and DP and I hereby nominate myself as laptop provider for our group.

What do you think everyone?
    Are you putting yourself forward as the Regional Representative for La La Land

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    posse

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    So, who are the current members of the Swindon posse?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Yeah! Wot 'e said!
    I might be able to make a Swindon drinkie though
    By all means. Usual venue is The Steam Railway Co. Wednesday evening ~18:00.

Leave a comment:

• Wodewick
    replied
    Hi Churchie
    Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    That wasn't Churchill.
    Yeah! Wot 'e said!

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    As for the Swindon Posse, you ain't invited.
    I might be able to make a Swindon drinkie though

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Hi Churchie
    That wasn't Churchill.

As for the Swindon Posse, you ain't invited.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X