• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Further Education

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Further Education"

Collapse

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I know someone who did a waste management degree - she works in a bar now
    Ahhh, such a waste... if ONLY she had minored on Dance, it would all be different

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    My Mrs did a degree a few years ago and I (obviously) went along for the grad ceremony.

Some of it was laughable as people were awarded HNDs in Street Theatre & Dance, and amazingly enough, Power Boat Management

At least you know who to ask when you want a quarter pounder with no gherkins
    WHY didn't they offer that when I was a kid?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    My Mrs did a degree a few years ago and I (obviously) went along for the grad ceremony.

Some of it was laughable as people were awarded HNDs in Street Theatre & Dance, and amazingly enough, Power Boat Management

No gherkins? Wierdo.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I know someone who did a waste management degree - she works in a bar now

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Surely this can't be real? Seriously? Dance and Waste Management?

I guess the reviews kind of give you an idea of the people that take this. I guess the person writing this now holds a degree

Facilities
    Rating:

top of the range ict resources and modenr facilities

Student life
    Rating:

great ppl from different backgrounds and cultures. enjoy ur stuides with friendly ppl jus like you. Make friends and socialies. great atmosphere. u wont be alone!!

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Something tells me these courses will die out when students have to start spending their own money, maybe they'll even pick something worthwhile.
    A degree where you're almost guaranteed to get work. Like Golf-Course Management Studies.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Something tells me these courses will die out when students have to start spending their own money, maybe they'll even pick something worthwhile.
    Something tells me you're wrong there; clueless 18 year olds could really fall for the idea of choreographed bin men.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Further Education

Further Education

I was thinking about doing this combined degree course:

Dance and Wastes Management BA (Hons) Northampton at University Of Northampton: all Northampton courses (52437996)

For some time I've been thinking about opening a dance school on an old rubbish tip as a plan B, and it strikes me as being an ideal course.

As anyone spotted other worthwhile degree courses they're thinking of persuing?

Working...
X