• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bear / Bare me in mind!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Dear Sir
    I understand you are recruiting redcoats, and a 'crocky croc' actor for the summer season, please consider me for the role.

yours 'Widow Twanky' MF

I've applied for myself. You and your bad leg can write your own letter.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Dear Sir
    I understand you are recruiting redcoats, and a 'crocky croc' actor for the summer season, please consider me for the role.

yours 'Widow Twanky' MF

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Isn't it "consider myself"
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I changed it anyway from bear/bare and put 'please consider me'.
    Your welcome

Feel free to rep me

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I changed it anyway from bear/bare and put 'please consider me'.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Put the possibilities in to the past tense and see which one makes more sense.

Bore in mind or bared in mind?
    Dunno if you're being serious...irony filter is broken today.. but borne in mind would be the passive infinitive ...innit ? (I may be wrong)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

doubleplusgood

Now, can we organise a witch hunt against those who say "x refuted y" when all x did was repudiate y?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

Gotcha.

Given the OP , this becomes easy - its Bore, rigid
    Last edited by EternalOptimist; 12 October 2010, 00:18.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Is this is serious question? I mean it's primary school stuff.
    "Bear in mind" should be primary school stuff, but "if you think that then you've got another thing/think coming", "he got his just deserts/desserts" and "parting shot/Parthian shot" (and several other examples which I can't remember right now) are all so commonly mixed up that either usage is effectively correct. Maybe "bare in mind" also counts, what with the number of times you see it written down. I'm not really sure what it would actually mean though. At least "bear in mind" makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    But I was too busy being kicked in the crutch by school bullies to learn these basic things!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Which one is it? A google search throws up debates on the correct terminology and why, but as far as I can see there is no definitive answer.

So what it is? Bare as in bare arsed? or Bear as in Grrrrrrr?????

Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Bear, as in 'keep' me in mind.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Isn't it 'bear me in mind' as in the right to bear arms?

link

Leave a comment:

Working...
X