• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Swine Flu!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swine Flu!!!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    As soon as the surgery gets its 70% immunisation of 'at risk patients' target they will stop pestering the remaining 30%. It's all about the quality points these days.
    When I worked on the migration of Primary Health Care records into a centralized database as part of the bids, I had access to 1.5m medical records. As part of a test for the National Framework software I had developed for a Primary Care Trust I ran an entire anonymised 1.5m population through the model using the required metrics for heart disease

Age, height, weight, BMI, drinking, smoking, drug intake, familly history & all of the associated read codes required! Once the data populated I overlay an additional model which would predict heart disease & an associated module for prescription of heart disease drugs & costs.

It was an incredible model and gives a fantastic insight into the types & costs of what-if modelling you can do with data? My making basic changes I could 'save' 1000's of lives (but at what £ cost!)

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    As soon as the surgery gets its 70% immunisation of 'at risk patients' target they will stop pestering the remaining 30%. It's all about the quality points these days.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Diabetic type II so I get pestered to get vaccinated until I give in.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Oh BTW. How's the rash you posted on 4Chan? Cleared up yet???

I'd post a pic, but I'd get insta-banned.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That's world-wide or UK-only
    How many people in the UK died from Malaria whilst being in the UK compared to swine flu?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    That's world-wide or UK-only

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Going to check with my boss if it's okay to work from home tomorrow
    Hi AtW, thanks for the PM. If you can make it in to work tomorrow that would be grand.

Thanks

SY01/Boss

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Going to check with my boss if it's okay to work from home tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Chips on shoulder?
    Wow that was much worse than your usual replies. Get some lemsip/hot toddy down you and off to bed. You'll be right as rain in no time.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Oh dear. Did you bring my chips?
    Chips on shoulder?

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    *cough*

Got back from Brussels and seems to have caught cold/flu, just paid our suppliers of hardware from local bank - I hope I did not infect them
    Oh dear. Did you bring my chips?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    *cough*

Got back from Brussels and seems to have caught cold/flu, just paid our suppliers of hardware from local bank - I hope I did not infect them

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Chutney Spoon View Post
    licky licky =

Leave a comment:

• Chutney Spoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Remember kids, licking the chutney spoon and putting it back in the jar spreads disease.

Stay clean, stay safe!

Oh, and some of you might want to consider picking up some of those tissues from your bedroom floor.

HTH
    licky licky =

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
    How come you guys got vaccinated? Are you old and vulnerable?
    Oh BTW. How's the rash you posted on 4Chan? Cleared up yet???

Leave a comment:

Working...
X