• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is Facebook broken?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Maybe you want to work out why the problem happened in the first place?
    Well in an ideal world, yes. However one is seldom allowed the luxury of prolonged root cause investigation when the customer's network is on its knees. Get it working again then deliberate afterwards is the general rule of thumb in most systems I have worked on.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    It comes as no surprise to me that this action resolved the problem. The older I get, the more I realise that the majority of problems can generally be resolved with a 3-pin reset. Provided you can circumvent the young naive Mr Smartypants that seems always to be in attendance, suggesting prolonged and almost always pointless investigation in a vain attempt to impress senior management.

A little harsh. Maybe you want to work out why the problem happened in the first place?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It comes as no surprise to me that this action resolved the problem. The older I get, the more I realise that the majority of problems can generally be resolved with a 3-pin reset. Provided you can circumvent the young naive Mr Smartypants that seems always to be in attendance, suggesting prolonged and almost always pointless investigation in a vain attempt to impress senior management.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    WIS

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Did the entire world come to a complete stop ?
    See for yourself

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    How Facebook fixed the site: they turned it off and on again. Literally.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Did the entire world come to a complete stop ?

I would love it if the internet access of the world stopped for a few days. Half my life is on the internet these days and I need to kick the addiction.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Worst Facebook Outage In Four Years Explained - ITProPortal.com

It was the computer.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I think I should put a crying smilie on here too...
    :weep:

It's even been "trending" (wotever that is) on Twitter. I was quite amused by a comment (whoops, I mean "tweet") by a friend of mine. Typical capitalists, exploiting other people's misery

Oh, and there was this one as well

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    i'm surprised you are a part of something so plebeian as facebook shauny.
    Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
    Surely anyone is entitled to use Facebook mate? It's not exclusive, is it!
    Yes, that's what plebian means.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Just wanted to check up on #3 son's "Freshers Week" antics really. Ah well, no luck!
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Delete him now! You shouldn't be friends with your kids on Facebook, it's the law, I think.
    You can want to be friends with your kids, but your kids should most definitely not accept. Probably he's already got a new account with a different name

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    It is amazing what you can do with a group of distributed machines under your control eh?
    Like getting lots of unique IPs to register lots of sockies at CUK

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Some kind of attack on the Net is going on, you heard it on here first...
    It is amazing what you can do with a group of distributed machines under your control eh?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    DNS death error from here.

Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

I only go on there once in a blue-moon so no worries. I always think of the poor techie who knows it is his fault

Or could it be some sort of hackage? Remember the DNS flaw from a year or so back that took Google out? Just checked and it was 2005. Where has the time gone? I think I should put a crying smilie on here too...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Some kind of attack on the Net is going on, you heard it on here first...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Service Unavailable - DNS failure
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Reference #11.15b23554.1285275126.21bf0c

Leave a comment:

Working...
X