• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today's Delhi Disaster"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Mmm yes, there is that occasional upside to sport, even tennis.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Just to clarify my point;

She can vault my pole any time she likes

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I rather like athletics, having competed in my youth in the throwing events. Athletics does also have the advantage of very skimpily dressed young ladies who like to indulge in healthy physical activities. Tennis though; I can sympathize because it's boring tulipe, even if the birds are alright.

As for Dancing; no point in that unless you get a shag at the end.
    Just to clarify my point;

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Indian govt claimed that the Games Village would be better than Beijing olympics village.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I for one am not surprised at this incompetence from India. Some fly overs have taken more than 12 years to build.

Infrastructure development in India is mired in corruption and low quality. When the money for a project finally reaches the end contractor it would have passed through 10 different parties who all have helped themselves to a percentage. This has all come out in the open because the arrogant Indian govt claimed that the Games Village would be better than Beijing olympics village. This coupled with the Indian media itself frustrated with the corrupt practices.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Three loud cheers for India!

If the games get cancelled the missus might not want to watch athletics morning, noon and night. I have just been through umpteen weeks of frigging tennis with the US Open and the Davis Cup.

AND it's a news series of Come Dancing soon. Has the coalition changed the law to allow justifiable homicide yet?
    I rather like athletics, having competed in my youth in the throwing events. Athletics does also have the advantage of very skimpily dressed young ladies who like to indulge in healthy physical activities. Tennis though; I can sympathize because it's boring tulipe, even if the birds are alright.

As for Dancing; no point in that unless you get a shag at the end.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Quoting the Guardian should result in a week long banning. Repeat offenders should be shot.
    Shooting's too good for 'em.

How about death by...

...MAWUMBA!!!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    PS Re Guardian, I am half and half, politics I prefer The Mail, religion I far prefer The Guardian.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Three loud cheers for India!

If the games get cancelled the missus might not want to watch athletics morning, noon and night. I have just been through umpteen weeks of frigging tennis with the US Open and the Davis Cup.

AND it's a news series of Come Dancing soon. Has the coalition changed the law to allow justifiable homicide yet?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I avoid the guardian like the plague because of rubbish like this. Swamp, next time put the warning at the top of the post.
    Quoting the Guardian should result in a week long banning. Repeat offenders should be shot.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "The teams shouldn't get too precious about their accommodation. Moaning about bad plumbing whilst most Indians don't have access to clean water supplies, yet alone sewage, is grotesque. Teams should fly out and offer to help sweep up the rubble in the athletes village rather than issue threats about not turning up." - Guardian

I avoid the guardian like the plague because of rubbish like this. Swamp, next time put the warning at the top of the post.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Bridge not part of SLA. No no, bridge part of gold service contract; you upgrade, you get bridge.

No specification for strength of bridge; you no say people go walk over it.
    They're Indian, not Chinese!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I reckon they blew the bridge to enable them to cancel the games.

Tricky buggers.
    Bridge not part of SLA. No no, bridge part of gold service contract; you upgrade, you get bridge.

No specification for strength of bridge; you no say people go walk over it.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    The teams shouldn't get too precious about their accommodation. Moaning about bad plumbing whilst most Indians don't have access to clean water supplies, yet alone sewage, is grotesque. Teams should fly out and offer to help sweep up the rubble in the athletes village rather than issue threats about not turning up.
    From the Guardian.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I wonder what will collapse tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X