• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Delhi Disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC News - Concerns mount over Delhi Games as athletes pull out

Just look at the film at the top; even if they clear up that rubble I wonder what events they can hold on a track like that. The 'uphill a bit and downhill a bit 100 metres', 'the inclined hurdles; see if you can jump them all before they tip over' or 'the world's most difficult egg and spoon race'.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I reckon they blew the bridge to enable them to cancel the games.

Tricky buggers.

Comment

I wonder what will collapse tomorrow.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

The teams shouldn't get too precious about their accommodation. Moaning about bad plumbing whilst most Indians don't have access to clean water supplies, yet alone sewage, is grotesque. Teams should fly out and offer to help sweep up the rubble in the athletes village rather than issue threats about not turning up.
          From the Guardian.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            I reckon they blew the bridge to enable them to cancel the games.

Tricky buggers.
            Bridge not part of SLA. No no, bridge part of gold service contract; you upgrade, you get bridge.

No specification for strength of bridge; you no say people go walk over it.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Bridge not part of SLA. No no, bridge part of gold service contract; you upgrade, you get bridge.

No specification for strength of bridge; you no say people go walk over it.
              They're Indian, not Chinese!

Comment

"The teams shouldn't get too precious about their accommodation. Moaning about bad plumbing whilst most Indians don't have access to clean water supplies, yet alone sewage, is grotesque. Teams should fly out and offer to help sweep up the rubble in the athletes village rather than issue threats about not turning up." - Guardian

I avoid the guardian like the plague because of rubbish like this. Swamp, next time put the warning at the top of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  I avoid the guardian like the plague because of rubbish like this. Swamp, next time put the warning at the top of the post.
                  Quoting the Guardian should result in a week long banning. Repeat offenders should be shot.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!! Three loud cheers for India!

If the games get cancelled the missus might not want to watch athletics morning, noon and night. I have just been through umpteen weeks of frigging tennis with the US Open and the Davis Cup.

AND it's a news series of Come Dancing soon. Has the coalition changed the law to allow justifiable homicide yet?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Re Guardian, I am half and half, politics I prefer The Mail, religion I far prefer The Guardian.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X