• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sum up your current project"

Collapse

• Dearnla
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    an unorganised corp with deep pockets and huge process changes in mind to meet some new buzz word of a credential, 3 months has turned into 2 years
    Ha, 25 months and counting here....

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Project 1 - Excellent, should call it a process as there is no end and I keep getting extended
    Project 2- ******* bunch of tulip

Leave a comment:

• Dark Black
    replied
    Drinking tea and surfing....

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    A 5 month project that will probably end up taking 5 years.

One half of the business being so risk-averse they would take a week to assess & sign-off the purchase of a stapler - The other half never having heard of such terms as 'governance', 'standards' or 'PMO'.
    Boys & girls - these are the trenches in no-mans-land where Corporate and IB meet.

Classic

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Stuck on a floor with 2 people. 50 empty seats.

It's like a freaking morgue.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Unfortunately yes.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Google Web Toolkit
    Unfortunately yes.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    which one!!

but in general each one will fit into all of the above types

at least it makes it interesting......

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    A 5 month project that will probably end up taking 5 years.

One half of the business being so risk-averse they would take a week to assess & sign-off the purchase of a stapler - The other half never having heard of such terms as 'governance', 'standards' or 'PMO'.
    Boys & girls - these are the trenches in no-mans-land where Corporate and IB meet.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Inherited mess, managed by inexperienced idiots, under resourced, over budget, badly planned, no stake holder management,no proper UI, infrastructure, no sufficient system or UAT testing etc... etc... etc.....

Am expected to turn this around without the right resources or funding and continue within the restrictive time lines to a user base who will not accept or use this.

Funnily enough I won't be renewing this gig as there is no way in hell I'm attaching my name to this mess.
    Last edited by norrahe; 17 September 2010, 11:23.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Sitting on ass waiting for phone to ring. Which it did yesterday. Meeting with potential client on Monday.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    A GWT tulipfest.
    Google Web Toolkit

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Working from home, hiring 2 subs full-time and taking a cut.
    Major deadline, 80-hour weeks the last fortnight or so
    Paid by the hour

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I have a customer that likes to change it's mind every few months.

The future's bright, the future's orange

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    3 requirements when I started...

Now it's 30...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X