• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rugby Referees

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rugby Referees"

Collapse

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Forwards generally make better refs than backs, even if they might struggle to keep up. It's because they know where and when to look to see the dirty stuff.
    Very true, seen it, done it, and complained bitterly when caught out.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Forwards generally make better refs than backs, even if they might struggle to keep up. It's because they know where and when to look to see the dirty stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Good show.

Nice to know they've got everything sorted.
    Also issued is a thick skin, to deflect false accusations, the speed and grace of a cheetah, to keep up with the pace of the game, an ego the size of which can't be explained, to allow referees to talk knowledgeably and al length about a subject that they know nothing about.

A very good system, although I did have to by my own red and yellow cards.

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Where did you get your white stick?
    Its issued as part of your referees kit. As I progress through the ranks I can get a guide dog as well.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Do they France around with each others panties on their heads, light each others darts etc?

Rugby. A very strange game.
    Yes, I imagine you would think that.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    We put a ladies team together at our club about 10 years ago and it was mayhem. The amount of bitching that went on and struggled to put teams together as a lot of the women were having relatioships with each other and then neither would turn up if they split up it was a total nightmare and got scrapped. Being a small town team it was more like a dating agency to meet other women.

Hilarious but pain in the ass at the same time. Needless to say it only lasted 2 or 3 seasons
    Dad does it at Provincial level... he can't cope with the local club stuff, like you say too much bitching and relationships etc.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    My Dad has "retired" into reffing & organising Ladies Rugby. He loves it. Makes an old man happy
    We put a ladies team together at our club about 10 years ago and it was mayhem. The amount of bitching that went on and struggled to put teams together as a lot of the women were having relatioships with each other and then neither would turn up if they split up it was a total nightmare and got scrapped. Being a small town team it was more like a dating agency to meet other women.

Hilarious but pain in the ass at the same time. Needless to say it only lasted 2 or 3 seasons

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Dunno, never seen a match

But not many of them look like German shotput-ers - lots of super pretty girls who can hold their beer.
    Do they France around with each others panties on their heads, light each others darts etc?

Rugby. A very strange game.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Do they swap shirts at the end like in football? And if they do is it not like watching the Female German Shotput team take their kit off?
    Dunno, never seen a match

But not many of them look like German shotput-ers - lots of super pretty girls who can hold their beer.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    My Dad has "retired" into reffing & organising Ladies Rugby. He loves it. Makes an old man happy
    Do they swap shirts at the end like in football? And if they do is it not like watching the Female German Shotput team take their kit off?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    cm you disappoint me, i was expecting your reply to this would be 'mmmmmm rugby players'

all together now....'mmmmm rugby players....'

(male ones obviously, and not cm's dad, although i'm sure he is a very nice man, o goodness i need to just go to be before i put my foot in my mouth again!!!)
    I thought the "mmmmm" bit was a given!

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied

cm you disappoint me, i was expecting your reply to this would be 'mmmmmm rugby players'

all together now....'mmmmm rugby players....'

(male ones obviously, and not cm's dad, although i'm sure he is a very nice man, o goodness i need to just go to be before i put my foot in my mouth again!!!)

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Interesting - In Ulster advantage lasts for 5 seconds approximately or until it can be seen that no advantage has been gained. It never goes more than one phase ahead.

But... there is nothing better than seeing a ball move up the field with good handling rucking and mauling.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• downsouth
    replied
    see far too much advantage played, several phases then back for a penalty, almost like go on have a few goes, you failed but i'll reward you a penalty anyhow, annoys me

or if the attacking team kicks the ball away after penalty given, cos they know they've got a penalty, should be tough luck, do something imaginative with the ball or i'll say play on

Leave a comment:

• Netraider
    replied
    Its getting the balance right and making good use of advantage

Leave a comment:

Working...
X